NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the outage guys. :D It was due to a freak thunder storm that knocked the server offline and rebooted my workstation while I was at work. Luckily I just had to start the server to get it online again.

About the hosting, having a community hosting would be great. That way, I suppose, further development could be made by anyone trusted enough to get access to the code. ;) Maintenance may be needed at some points. Just the other day, Stanford changed the url for the team quick stats. Messed up the data collector pretty well. ;)

I will of course assist the admins if and when we decide to put the code on OSNN.

How's the data collecting going kcnychief?

Sorry about the outage guys. :D It was due to a freak thunder storm that knocked the server offline and rebooted my workstation while I was at work. Luckily I just had to start the server to get it online again.

About the hosting, having a community hosting would be great. That way, I suppose, further development could be made by anyone trusted enough to get access to the code. ;) Maintenance may be needed at some points. Just the other day, Stanford changed the url for the team quick stats. Messed up the data collector pretty well. ;)

I will of course assist the admins if and when we decide to put the code on OSNN.

http://folding.osnn.net/Zedric

When was that URL changed, just to make sure I have got a clean codebase up online?

http://folding.osnn.net/

OSNN is going to host it actually, I took it off my server already :)

I meant to e-mail you about that but it slipped my mind and was a recent change over the weekend - wasn't around much

I already dropped a hint about the sub-domain I would use *

*whistle's walking off nonchalantly*

* For those of you that need free previews

I like the preview so far, have you started mining any data yet?

If you got the code from kcnychief, it should be the latest. I changed the url just before I packed and sent it. Plus the parser log will tell you if there is anything wrong.

I only ran the parser once every hour, as the data only updates every three hours. But you do what feels best. :)

I like the tutorial btw, it was nice. Using url rewrites was a good idea too.

now I am curious - I never did really see a preview... and how/when shall we know to change our sigs?

It would be kinda cool if there was a facility to "mass message" group members, because Folding is a group, right? Maybe mods already have this?

Preview is located here -

http://folding.osnn.net/

Signatures won't have to change until the primary hosting changes, which won't be until we can compile a week or two of valid data. As posted above, X is already taking it in at 10 minute intervals, but Zedric is still mining the primary data.

I don't really see a need to mass message all of 25-30 some odd people, this thread is a good enough communication point.

I'm working on something that may help encourage some new and answer things for current folders, but it may take me a bit to finish ;)

This is pretty sweet, although We owe Zedric a major inlfux of the alcaholic beverage of is choice, for being a pure sport and hosting the sigs, since the liquid ninjas stopped.

We owe Zedric a major inlfux of the alcaholic beverage of is choice
Oooh, I heard that one. :D

About the url change. I propose we announce it here and wait a few days. Then I change the sigs to say that you will need to change the url to continue using the sigs. After that I can take the sig hosting down.

Alright then consider it announced, here are the URLs for you lazy people :p

-edit-
Don't use them until we officially announce the data has changed over!

-edit 2 -
I should have some better documentation drawn up by end of weekend this week ;)

There are many ways to get a signature from this service, there are three types of signatures:
  • Large:
    osnn3.png
  • Small:
    osnn2.png
  • Normal:
    osnn1.png
URL to use

To create a normal sized image, use the following URL, replacing [username] with the username you have provided to folding@home:
http://folding.osnn.net/[username]
To create an image using one of the other sizes, use the following URL, once again replacing [username] with your username you have provided folding@home:
http://folding.osnn.net/large/[username]
http://folding.osnn.net/small/[username]
To create an image using colorization (meaning different levels of activity will show different colors) use the following URL:
http://folding.osnn.net/[size]/color/[username]
Replace size with the size you would like, either large, small, or normal.

Alright then consider it announced, here are the URLs for you lazy people :p

-edit-
Don't use them until we officially announce the data has changed over!

-edit 2 -
I should have some better documentation drawn up by end of weekend this week ;)
Standing by ......

wait a sec...
1.) Here's the announcement
2.) You can't use them until we announce this

uhmmmm :blink::laugh:

wait a sec...
1.) Here's the announcement
2.) You can't use them until we announce this

uhmmmm :blink::laugh:
There was the "announcement" for the new links just to provide the info, but they are not yet active. As was previously mentioned, we need to verify valid data first.

Better?

Just a thought.

As the above changes are accomplished, should we include NvNews and SP in the signatures along with OSNN?

I would assume it's possible, would just have to re-design all the sig graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back