nvlddmkm - WFT?!

Re: nvlddmkm - WTF?!

It gives me a lovely BSOD and then the computer reboots. It only happens when I have 4GB (4x1GB) of RAM installed. When I have 2 or 3 GB, it's fine.

This sounds more like a board problem then a driver one.

Is all ram matched pairs?
If you have a minidump you should debug it as it will show what process was happening when the driver crashed. Driver and process during a crash can and most times are different.

Yeah the RAM is all identical - I've tried all different combinations of RAM and the only time there is a problem is when all 4 are in at the same time. Vista tells me that it's an NVIDIA driver issue which is currently unresolved.

I don't think the board is totally free from blame, but it's the graphics driver which is falling to pieces. From what other people with the same issue have said, removing the NVIDIA drivers 'solves' the problem - but that's hardly an ideal solution.

Anyway, at the moment I'm happy with my 3GB. If that's all I can use then so be it - this RAM was 1/4 the price of what I paid for the same stuff 12 months ago!

Yeah the RAM is all identical - I've tried all different combinations of RAM and the only time there is a problem is when all 4 are in at the same time. Vista tells me that it's an NVIDIA driver issue which is currently unresolved.

I don't think the board is totally free from blame, but it's the graphics driver which is falling to pieces. From what other people with the same issue have said, removing the NVIDIA drivers 'solves' the problem - but that's hardly an ideal solution.

Anyway, at the moment I'm happy with my 3GB. If that's all I can use then so be it - this RAM was 1/4 the price of what I paid for the same stuff 12 months ago!

Try installing more ram - replace 2x1gb with 2x2gb. 4GB is a magic number in pc land and causes strange things to happen.

Try installing more ram - replace 2x1gb with 2x2gb. 4GB is a magic number in pc land and causes strange things to happen.

I wish I could actually - I've had just bought 2 x 2GB if I'd known this could happen! I can't be sure that would work however, so I daren't buy any more RAM yet, especially having just bought a new house!

That said, I'm LOVING Vista x64 SP1. Runs like a dream otherwise. :):)

Maybe it has something to do with SP1???

When you changed video card drivers did you run Driver Cleaner before installing the new drivers?

Have you tried updating motherboard BIOS?

If you have an add in sound card, try taking it out and deleting the drivers and any other stuff that came with it. I had problems with a DG965WH / Vista Ultimate 32 / X-Fi sound card combo until I installed just the basic drivers for the card without any of the other junk that Creative had on the disk.

I have run Vista Ultimate 64 with 4 X 1GB Ballistix and am currently running 4 X 2GB G.Skill. I do have to run the RAM at 1:1 with my overclock though. The below combination runs World Community Grid 24/7.

Intel D975XBX2
Q6600 @ 3.4GHz
8800 GTX
onboard sound

Info from BIOS:
FSB 378, mulitiplier 9, CPU voltage 1.45, RAM voltage 2.12, Northbridge 1.4, whatever that other one is! 1.6, RAM 266/533.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back