NVIDIA & Vista Remote Desktop

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate to connect to my home Windows Vista Ultimate machine at home.

6800 Ultra connecting to (two) 7800s.
Every now and then, but frequently enough to be annoying the screen will go completely back on the host machine and I have to close remote desktop and reopen it from where I was.

I also have an Acer Ferrari with an ATI card integrated (also on Vista ultimate) and this doesn't happen so I am thinking it is an issue with NVIDIA drivers on the connecting machine.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? Both 'NVIDIA' machines are using 101.41 and have everything Windows Update has wanted to chuck at them (other than dreamscene or whatever they decided to call it)

nvidia drivers don't interact with remote desktop, however they do crash Vista more often than is comfortable if they go into standby mode and you try waking the machine up to do stuff.

Well I remember something Robert Mclaws or Steve Sinchack said that if you RD to a desktop that is running in Vista from Vista, if your local machine is capable of using Aero it will show aeroin the RDP session, even if your host can't do Aero!

Doesn't work at the moment but I have seen it working, so makes me think there must be some interaction.

Eitehr way, hoping for some NVIDIA drivers soon.

keep a check on laptopvideo2go.com they tend to be on top of nvidia driver releases.

Well he posts on nvnews as well, I check there alot.

http://www.electronicpunk.com/nforce/ I got those too, but don't install them if you are still on the normal ones that come with Vista.

My contact at NVIDIA said early April for some major new drivers, but wouldn't say more.

Well it also counts as Q2, but I don't see the R600 :p
(not that I would ever dream of abandoning NVIDIA after they were so good to early adopters)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back