NVIDIA/VIA Problem!!!!

Q

qwerty57

Ok, let me start by saying how can a knowledgable web site such as your self post such crap. I have 2 Intel boards, one Sis, and a ALI chipset that suffer from the Blue Sceen of death Infinte Loop problem. So what's my fix. The only thing we all have in common is windows xp. And in my personal day to day life (i work at compusa) I see more problems with intel chipsets running the new ATi and Nvidia drivers. Oh did I say Ati, thats right I happens on there card's too. So I ask you again How can you Blame 1 company..I don't see intel or microsoft jumping to fix anything maybe because they know what they designed works and the problem isn't them it's between the chair and the keyboard.. By the way awsome site, always up to date..

My motherboard is a non Via intel as well and I had the same BSOD problem.
After searching in vain for a solution I downloaded an updated bios for my Abit siluro card then did a clean install of XP then installed the latest drivers from the Manufacturer of the card, not Nvidia.
So far, just one day on, Ive not had any blue screen and the card is working fine (tried 4 different games, 1 on-line, with no hitches) so maybe your cards manufacturer has an updated bios that might clear this problem for you.

I just want to make the point that VIA alone isn't the problem.....Too many people down VIA wishing they had, Intel,or sis I wish I had VIa,lol.

I installed a SIS 735 chipset in my daughters pc after a MSI board failed.
The board rocks with DDR memory.
For the cost of a DDR/SDR , Lan motherboard at $62 it's very hard to beat.
Fear SiS if thier 745 chipset is any better.

Some Simple Rules!

You cant blame a or 1 company ..

But you can blame your hardware..for the lack of updates<---

Having a smooth running system is always a great feeling..but there are some issues regarding that..

1st.. Very important,that your windows is fully updated with security patches drivers etc...

2nd..Its also very important that you have the latest chipset drivers.. feks..VIA 4-1 drivers ...if you have a via chipset that is..

3rd..Having the latest official bios for your motherboard is also very important.. Then Study and get to know your bios .. Also REFER to your motherboard (bios) Manual or helpguide!

Settings like AGP aparture size on or off--with different types of RAM ammount... Fast writtes on or off.. cache settings... etc...are some crucial settings ..If these settings are configured wrongly --they are known to have the impact of giving bluescreens auto reboots etc...

4th..Having the latest official drivers for your (screencard) 3D card.. is also a crucial factor... Im not such a beta fan of 3D drivers..so i always install the latest official ones..

5th...If you wanna dig a little deeper into your hardware...you can update you Cd-rom(s)-- firmware driver(s)...also for your DVD and or burner,Also if your computer is old..you probably wanna update your Hard Disk Controller(s)--

LightWave

same blue screen problem

Since i built my pc i have been having the same blue screen of death problem again and again. I have a gainward Geforce 2 Ti with an asus A7V-133 motherbord with the VIA chip. I have tried many combinations of drivers and haven't found a stable setup yet. I re-installed xp pro 2 or 3 times now.
Any tips on the right combination or drivers and other settings would be greatly appreciated

Help!

I don't understand the problem. I have built maybe 30 - 40 machines with xp, via chipsets and geforce 2 graphics cards. I have never seen the problem.

My own machine has this stuff in it. Rock solid. No crashes at all.

Im using these drivers for geforce

Is that the detenator driver pack or something different?
Also are you using the latest 4in1 drivers or are you using the updated single releases of the agp driver?

sergio_0---

Its a bios issue... like i wrote above here.. you should study it more..

LightWave

Re: Some Simple Rules!

Rant mode on.

Originally posted
by LightWave

1st.. Very important,that your windows is fully updated with security patches drivers etc...

2nd..Its also very important that you have the latest chipset drivers.. feks..VIA 4-1 drivers ...if you have a via chipset that is..

3rd..Having the latest official bios for your motherboard is also very important.. Then Study and get to know your bios .. Also REFER to your motherboard (bios) Manual or helpguide!

Settings like AGP aparture size on or off--with different types of RAM ammount... Fast writtes on or off.. cache settings... etc...are some crucial settings ..If these settings are configured wrongly --they are known to have the impact of giving bluescreens auto reboots etc...

4th..Having the latest official drivers for your (screencard) 3D card.. is also a crucial factor... Im not such a beta fan of 3D drivers..so i always install the latest official ones..

5th...If you wanna dig a little deeper into your hardware...you can update you Cd-rom(s)-- firmware driver(s)...also for your DVD and or burner,Also if your computer is old..you probably wanna update your Hard Disk Controller(s)--

LightWave

I cannot agree with with all this update this, update that stuuf. If the system you have is stable with no problems then what the hell is the point of updating it every 5 minutes ? Ok, you might wring a few more percent out on benchmarks, but the speeds were out now, does it really matter ?

I know people who say I just updated my detonator drivers and now its crashing all over the place. So why the bloody hell did you update it !!!!

As for your points about bios tweaking, Yes I agree with you, to many people tinker with these and wreak havoc.

Rant mode off.

2 points.

1. Stability is better than speed.

2. If it anit broke, don't fix it.

ermmm!

1st of all-- These updates are VERY important, ...its as much important as having the latest update for your virus scanner..
2nd these updates was ment for those who DONT have a stable system..
You will probably not get a faster system by updating bios...chipset...windows..etc...

but rather a stable one.

Did i say update your system every 5 minute? No i didnt..
Did i write about bios tweaking? No i didnt.. I mentioned configuration and settings...

And if you thought these updates was ment to make your computer faster ..you are dead wrong..

You wrote--1. Stability is better than speed. Yes agree..
Thats Exactly why i mentioned all these types of updates..

---but overclockers wount agree.. ehehe

LightWave

I see where you're coming from lightWave. But my argument is that people are bringing their systems down by constantly updating ( I aplogise if I made sound like you meant update for the sake of updating ) Yes, if theres a reason to update, then do so.

In my job most of the problems I see are caused by people who have updated their drivers just beacause there new and then expect us to sort out the mess for free.

It's a paticular pet hate of mine and so I probably ranted a bit to much.

Ano yes, you're right, overclockers won't agree :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back