Nvidia v-sync confusion

A

afrodeziak

So is it true that if you just turn off V-SYNC in Direct3d and OpenGL settings the refresh rate problem in games will be solved? That means I dont need to install the refresh rate fix?

yup pretty much, the refresh rate fix is for people who like to have v-sync enabled and run at optimum speed, cause right now by default with it enabled it only sets to 60hz even when your monitor supports more.

crap, it still didn't work
on OpenGL menu i changed vsync to "off by default" and in direct3d i changed vsync to always off. refresh rate is still at 60! =(

yes the refresh is still 60 with v-sync off...but your frames won't be locked at 60 is the point :)

hmm

how u take v sync on direct 3d? i found open gl but not d3d?

I found a file called refreshlock.
Its 2 big to upload here so if you want a copy mail me on
I use 28.32 driver and was stuck with 60hz in games. now 85 all the way :)

Last edited:
then either overclock or buy a new video board cause thats all that is gonna get ya more fps :)

i have a g2 mx 100/200 32mb how could i over clock it?

Does it work for u !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

?

:p

it was a differnet make of the same program that i got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you found the bug that boards have where u put loads of one thing with no spaces and it fucks up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back