Nvidia nforce onboard soundcard problem

I have an Epox 8rda+ Nforce2 motherboard, and when I play games, sometimes after awhile the sound will get distorted, and have a bunch of static sounding with it, almost robotic sounding. I plugged my head phones directly into the sound card, and it still does it.

Its pretty random, sometimes i will go weeks without a problem, other times I will get it every day, but after i close the program and go back in its fine, but I hate having to do that everytime it happens. I have got the latest drivers and everything. My question is, is it a bad soundcard? or is their drivers just not running well with my machine? (I run XP btw)

some people report problems with their onboard sound getting distorted after playing games for a while, but i thought this only applied to those boards with Soundstorm audio as it's a case of the southbridge getting too hot. your board has a seperate realtek audio chip so i'm not so sure that's your problem.

i guess i'd blame the driver..?

Well do you know of any alternitive drivers? or am I going to just have to buy a soundcard and put it in a PCI Slot?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back