nvidia geforced crash dummy

P

pipwolf

my new compaq pc keeps crashing, the error report reckons its the device driver for the nvidia geforced mx420 keeps making the system unstable, i have downloaded the latest drivers but still no change-- the mouse cursor locks up then the computer crashes most of the time , then i get the error box when i reboot-stop 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER - HAS ANYONE GOT A FIX FOR THIS, the advice is replace the video card, help.:(

big booger

Thanks for that, the workaround did not work, but thanks to you and the big boogers advice on the best way to install drivers the prob seems to be fixed, thankyou pip

Hey as long as you were able to solve the problem that is all that matters. Glad I was able to at least point you to a possible solution.

Problem seemed to clear up , but its back , thats why iv posted a new thread- very frustrating , oh well keep smiling its only £900 squid.

Sometimes you have to unload and load a few different versions of the drivers to see which ones will keep it stable.

Meaning, you may have to use an older version and not the latest and greatest. Experiment... Good Luck :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back