nvidia geforce 2 oddness.

C

cam

the same box that caused the extremely long thread several months ago is back and better than ever..

the 20gb hard drive crashed on me and my ram was deemed faulty so i have since replaced both and now i attempted to get my geforce II with tvout running back up to snuff again but im not able to "detect" my tv for whatever reason. only changes since are that i downloaded drivers off the internet this time and i now have a dvd player piggybacked on my vcr.

any ideas?

- cam

is your tv-out connected to the vcr instead of directly to the tv? if so, this might be the culprit. also, try having it connected and the tv/vcr on, then restart. lastly, disable any refresh rate fixes you have installed.

i tried turning off the dvd player, turning off the tv/vr, rebooting, detecting displays over and over. no go.

all i did different, was stated in the first post.

ponderous.

there's a chance that it won't detect it unless it's hooked directly up to a tv. :huh:

hmm, yeah ill have to dick around with it some more.

it worked before though, through the same vcr.

- cam

The TV-out will work on the VCR. It's the same signal a TV uses. It's sounds to me like it's a driver problem since you say you downloaded newer drivers. Try reloading your original drivers and see if that works.

well thats just it, i dont have the driver disc. =p

i pulled them off nvidia's site.

i must have unplugged the cable at some point. oops :)

steps to fix:

1) plug in cable
2) remove foot from mouth

haha, if you want an interesting read.. check out my earlier thread, aptly titled "need immediate help"..

it was a lot of weird things, turned out to be non-felt screws holding down the motherboard and a fried proc due to me thinking another piece of plastic cover was the thermal paste.

kinda funny in retrospect :)

- cam

Yep I remeber that last thread you had I dont even know if I want to get involved in this one, quick question what model of Geforce 2 do you have, well actually I mean like Titanium and stuff as well as the manufacturer.

which company released it, ie Creative, Gainward something like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back