nvidia geforce 2 oddness.

C

cam

the same box that caused the extremely long thread several months ago is back and better than ever..

the 20gb hard drive crashed on me and my ram was deemed faulty so i have since replaced both and now i attempted to get my geforce II with tvout running back up to snuff again but im not able to "detect" my tv for whatever reason. only changes since are that i downloaded drivers off the internet this time and i now have a dvd player piggybacked on my vcr.

any ideas?

- cam

Taurus

hardware monkey
is your tv-out connected to the vcr instead of directly to the tv? if so, this might be the culprit. also, try having it connected and the tv/vcr on, then restart. lastly, disable any refresh rate fixes you have installed.

C

cam

i tried turning off the dvd player, turning off the tv/vr, rebooting, detecting displays over and over. no go.

all i did different, was stated in the first post.

ponderous.

Taurus

hardware monkey
there's a chance that it won't detect it unless it's hooked directly up to a tv. :huh:

C

cam

hmm, yeah ill have to dick around with it some more.

it worked before though, through the same vcr.

- cam

P

pappcam

The TV-out will work on the VCR. It's the same signal a TV uses. It's sounds to me like it's a driver problem since you say you downloaded newer drivers. Try reloading your original drivers and see if that works.

C

cam

i must have unplugged the cable at some point. oops :)

steps to fix:

1) plug in cable
2) remove foot from mouth

C

cam

haha, if you want an interesting read.. check out my earlier thread, aptly titled "need immediate help"..

it was a lot of weird things, turned out to be non-felt screws holding down the motherboard and a fried proc due to me thinking another piece of plastic cover was the thermal paste.

kinda funny in retrospect :)

- cam

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Yep I remeber that last thread you had I dont even know if I want to get involved in this one, quick question what model of Geforce 2 do you have, well actually I mean like Titanium and stuff as well as the manufacturer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks