Nvidia Fix

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
How in the hell do you manually get the drivers for XP. When I unzip and install from the directory it doesn't make a temp directory or I can't find it

Download the exe version. Before double-clicking, close all open app such as antivirus, etc. Now you are on your way. Good luck.

- Alfred

Can't find the EXE version.

I clicked on setup.exe
and still no Temp File.

I am not understanding what he ment by the inf files. How do you install them? Do I find the INF files and right click and install.

Also I dont have a "via.inf"

Look in the archive where you unzipped the file, then follow his instructions - you have to manually choose the file(I'm not at my home pc, so I can't remember the exact location, but I think it's: ..//location where you unzipped/inf and then maybe /winxp

But just choose the file through the control panel like he said and you'll get a choise of what to install..

I gotta tell you, it didn't work for me :( I still get Blue Screens..

I go scan that folder and doesn't detect the driver. Telling XP is running the best driver.

Don't scan, you need to select from list and then specifi the location of the driver - scanning will do you no good :)

OK, I am home now :D - do this:

Open control panel --> System-->Hardware-->Device Manager-->System Devices-->Right Mouse Click on the device you wish to update-->Select Update Driver-->Install from a list or specific location-->Don't search, I will choose the driver to install-->Click on have disk-->\Inf\WINXP

Then choose the correct driver... then repeat.. I hope that helps :)

Via's latest 4in1

Ok' did it work??? I wanna know. I pretty much tried the samething but with no luck. I actually don't know what I am doing so....But You said the patch for Nvidia/XP/viakt266, Didn't work for you??? What's the deal??? I've only had succsess with lowering my DRAM clock to 100. But what about installing the new drivers and patch???? I don't think anybody outside of VIA knows. I got the George patch but have heard it's only maskinng a problem that still is underlying. Koudo's to all who are helping others with this Via/Xp instability.Boogers!!!~~I hope VIA comes out with a working resolution. So we can all benifit from the Dynamics we we're all expecting from this new technology!! ~Kelly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back