Nvidia dumped??

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political Access
According to spong.com A senior source close to Nvidia said that .."They [Nvidia} simply didn't want tto meet Microsoft's demands for the floating design for Xbox Next It didn't make sense to partner on the project. At this moment in time, ATi is working with Microsoft."
Spong

Well I still say PS3 will lay waste to the legions. Hey Sazar what do you think?:)

if this is the case, then ATI is going to gain more market share. i am sure that microsoft will cross promote with ATI and ATI with microsfot. works well for ATI, only looser is nvidia. dumb move, but if they don't have capitol or time, then i kinda understand. but i would double check your sources on that one.

Not my sources. The website sources. Spong is pretty much on the money with the info though.

Good for ATI! I'm glad they went with it. Even the NVidia people should enjoy the competition...ATI is what keeps GeForce cards from being $600.

By the way, punctuation and spelling makes you look smarter!!

Originally posted by Terrahertz
According to spong.com A senior source close to Nvidia said that .."They [Nvidia} simply didn't want tto meet Microsoft's demands for the floating design for Xbox Next It didn't make sense to partner on the project. At this moment in time, ATi is working with Microsoft."
Spong

Well I still say PS3 will lay waste to the legions. Hey Sazar what do you think?:)

old news... basically I am more inclined to wait on this :)

if there is a processor used it will likely be based off of the r300 core... :) or the rv350... probably a variation of the latter since power consumption is so much less on it.. and we all know high power consumption == more expensive console (psu price :) )

the ps3 is an interesting design.. it uses rdram so it will probably have greater bandwidth off the bat than xbox2...

again we shall have to wait and see what happens :)

btw... ati is working with nintendo on their next chip... ArtX which was acquired by ATi developed the Flipper chip which is used in the current Gamecube... and considering the processing power of the processor in the GC... it does do a pretty good job with graphics :)

Originally posted by Handybuddy

By the way, punctuation and spelling makes you look smarter!!
i just work up and was typing while starting to become awake :D, ya know the deal.

Hey Sazar you think Nintendo will go with IT-Ram again in their next console.
Wow ATI working on two different chipsets for competing rivals. I love big business lol.

Originally posted by Terrahertz
Hey Sazar you think Nintendo will go with IT-Ram again in their next console.
Wow ATI working on two different chipsets for competing rivals. I love big business lol.

it all depends on what nintendo has planned for their next console..

considering ati is working with them.. it appears it will at least be dx9+ compatible (ie meeting dx9 and going beyond the specs) so you should get good looking games..

considering what they are going to use @ the core.. I have no idea...

besides.. there is no confirmation that ati is indeed working on or will be working on 2 chips..

it is highly likely that IF ati is going to work with BOTH companies they can just as easily use variations of their desktop chips tailor made for each company.. but what they do.. I really can't say :) have no clue...

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
if this is the case, then ATI is going to gain more market share. i am sure that microsoft will cross promote with ATI and ATI with microsfot. works well for ATI, only looser is nvidia. dumb move, but if they don't have capitol or time, then i kinda understand. but i would double check your sources on that one.

Nvidia was loosing with the first Xbox thats why they don't get along with Microsoft anymore the xbox was suposed to sell for 300 for way longer then it did and when MS decided to price cut they not only made it so they lost money that made it so Nvidia lost money also. so basically MS screwed Nvidia over so they could get the xbox name out there and respectable for the xbox 2 launch. and no matter how much a dumb move you think it was Nvidia isn't as big as MS and can't stand to loose millions of dallors on a console like them.

Originally posted by Krux
Nvidia was loosing with the first Xbox thats why they don't get along with Microsoft anymore the xbox was suposed to sell for 300 for way longer then it did and when MS decided to price cut they not only made it so they lost money that made it so Nvidia lost money also. so basically MS screwed Nvidia over so they could get the xbox name out there and respectable for the xbox 2 launch. and no matter how much a dumb move you think it was Nvidia isn't as big as MS and can't stand to loose millions of dallors on a console like them.

nvidia wasn't losing...

they won the arbitration and got the amount that m$ had said they would... so nvidia was not losing out..

they may have lost in terms of r&d... but I think thats unlikely and a convenient excuse...

sales never achieved the goals they looked for... but if it is reverse compatible (which it should be so) the xbox NEXT will come out with a large library already and also new games in the works :)

*sigh* nvidia what has happened to you? Im really liking ATI lately. Image is so much clearer when I look at my friends machine and the oh so smooth and silky graphics :). Well Microsoft announced in Japan that they will launch the X-Box 2 there in 2006. I reaally think no matter what they do Japan is just not going to bite. Then you have Sony touting this cell processor for PS3 that hasnt even begun mass distribution but PS3 is due in 2005 or 2006 I think. Well Im just the guy looking from the outside.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back