nVidia drivers?

X-Istence

Political Access
Hey,

Does anyone know where I can get Windows 7 nvidia drivers? I have an GeForce 4 Ti 4600 graphics card. I downloaded the Windows XP/Vista drivers and they seem to be working, however as soon as it attempts to change 3D modes the entire system crashes.

Yes, I know it is an older graphics card, this is an older machine.

P4 2.4 Ghz
1 GB of ram
60 GB HD

This thing runs like a beauty besides the graphics not working for 3D stuff. I am really enjoying Windows 7.

mm.. the geforce 4 Ti isn't supported in newer drivers

the last release to support them is the 93.71, and its only for windows xp

sorry

Plus, there aren't really any Win7 drivers, not Nvidia at least.

I figured as much. Oh well. I don't have the money to purchase a newer rig/graphics card, so I am stuck with what I have got for now.

the nvidia drivers for windows 7 are provided via windows update according to the nvidia website. However they dropped support for everything below the 6000 series a long while back.

the nvidia drivers for windows 7 are provided via windows update according to the nvidia website. However they dropped support for everything below the 6000 series a long while back.

And there not signed by Nvidia correct?

Yeah, I installed the 93.xx ones with some luck and forcing Windows 7 to make the app think it was Windows XP. The drivers did allow me to have my screen at 1680 x 1050, which is all I really cared about in the first place.

I have another drive in a drive sled that I can slide into the bay and boot up in that is Windows XP.

That being said, Windows 7 runs much much smoother than Windows Vista with SP1 installed. It stays responsive, is not a resource hog, even on an older machine I find it a pleasure to use. It to me feels like Mac OS X, gets out of my way and lets me do what I need to do.

my nvidia 7300le driver installed perfectly on windows 7 :)

And there not signed by Nvidia correct?

Official full on nvidia drivers :) If you want the latest fully functional windows drivers for nvidia - windows update is where you'll find them.

:D

I'd be suprised if you paid more than $30 for a low end 6000 series card - 6100 o 6200.

he can prolly get a 7100 for 20$
i dont think they even sell 6-series anymore ;D

That buys me enough Ramen noodles to last a few weeks.

I have already been looking around, found an old x800 Pro from ATI. It has Vista drivers so I am going to give it a spin later.

Apparently Windows Media Player/VLC use some 3D component since playing video files in either causes the entire OS to go down hard. Back on XP for now.

windows media uses hardware acceleration to play back.
Don't use VLC on windows.

you want media player classic, fdshow, vsfilter and haali media splitter on windows - all provided by the cccp playback pack, much more versatile with more current codecs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back