nVidia drivers?

X-Istence

Political User
Hey,

Does anyone know where I can get Windows 7 nvidia drivers? I have an GeForce 4 Ti 4600 graphics card. I downloaded the Windows XP/Vista drivers and they seem to be working, however as soon as it attempts to change 3D modes the entire system crashes.

Yes, I know it is an older graphics card, this is an older machine.

P4 2.4 Ghz
1 GB of ram
60 GB HD

This thing runs like a beauty besides the graphics not working for 3D stuff. I am really enjoying Windows 7.

epk

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
mm.. the geforce 4 Ti isn't supported in newer drivers

the last release to support them is the 93.71, and its only for windows xp

sorry

the nvidia drivers for windows 7 are provided via windows update according to the nvidia website. However they dropped support for everything below the 6000 series a long while back.

X-Istence

Political User
Yeah, I installed the 93.xx ones with some luck and forcing Windows 7 to make the app think it was Windows XP. The drivers did allow me to have my screen at 1680 x 1050, which is all I really cared about in the first place.

I have another drive in a drive sled that I can slide into the bay and boot up in that is Windows XP.

That being said, Windows 7 runs much much smoother than Windows Vista with SP1 installed. It stays responsive, is not a resource hog, even on an older machine I find it a pleasure to use. It to me feels like Mac OS X, gets out of my way and lets me do what I need to do.

X-Istence

Political User
That buys me enough Ramen noodles to last a few weeks.

I have already been looking around, found an old x800 Pro from ATI. It has Vista drivers so I am going to give it a spin later.

Apparently Windows Media Player/VLC use some 3D component since playing video files in either causes the entire OS to go down hard. Back on XP for now.

windows media uses hardware acceleration to play back.
Don't use VLC on windows.

you want media player classic, fdshow, vsfilter and haali media splitter on windows - all provided by the cccp playback pack, much more versatile with more current codecs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooldown498