nVidia driver permissions...

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
My kid's PC is using my old GF4 Ti4400 card and the 44.xx drivers. The drivers installed ok, but I cannot select the level of AA I want for all their profiles. If I log in as Admin, I can change it and it works for me. As soon as I log into one of their (restricted) accounts, the AA setting I set is not there when I play any game. There isn't even a GF tab in the display properties. I don't think the kids really care if they see the jaggies, but I do. :)

BTW: their specs are:
Gigabyte GA-7VRXP mobo
512MB PC2700 Kingston valuemax RAM (running sync at 266MHz).
1.0 GHz T-Bird O/C to 1.33GHz
Visiontek GF4 Ti 4400 (not O/C)
Other generic stuff (CDRW, Mouse, keyboard, etc)

Installing as administrator should have gived all users permission to change.
you could try installing them within each profile?!?

The drivers were installed with Admin rights (within the Admin login). I have tried installing them in one of the other profiles, but they don't have permission to install them. :rolleyes:

The next thing I am going to try is temporarily set each account to Admin-level, make the driver changes, then change them back to restricted. This will take a while since there are 4 accounts besides the Administrator account. What a pain!

You would think that video driver settings would be inherited across all accounts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back