Nvidia Detonator Settings

Yharn

meh.
What are typically the best settings for the detonators to get the best performance / quality out of the cards.

I'm using a gainward g4 TI4200 64MB and have always just left the driver settings on default. What should I change to get the most out of my card?

Currently I'm using the 41.03 drivers.

Thanks in advance.

Performance/quality? That is a bit of a contradiction, do you want the best performance, the best quality or a combination of the two. For plain old best performance I recommend
Antialiasing - OFF
Anisotropic filtering - OFF
Direct 3D - Enable fog table emulation
- Mipmap detail level - BEST PERFORMANCE
- more direct 3D - v-sync - ALWAYS OFF
OpenGL - v-sync - ALWAYS OFF
Clock frequencies - as high as they go :p

Good luck tweakin :cool:

I was just wondering what are typically good settings for performance without loosing lots of image quality.

Thank you for the reply.

Well with a card that good, you could probably afford to turn up antialiasing to 2x (this smooths edges), and turn anisotropic filtering(this filters stuff too :confused: ) up a bit. And if you want less teary type graphics, set v-sync to always on. Mipmap detail to best image quality. It's a compromise that you must make between quality and performance depending on what games you play, what resolution you play etc.
There is a new setting in the 41.03 drivers - the performance slider from application through to aggressive but I haven't noticed any difference in benchmarks between these settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back