nVIDIA Detonator drivers problems....

J

JeremyT

I have a Riva TnT 2 video card and whenever I install ANY of the Detonator drivers under WinXP nothing will run... I believe it has something to with DirectDraw because when I run a video test that is as far as it gets before locking up my machine... But I have never gotten farther than that. I've tried it with games like Diablo 2, UT, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Any help would be much appreciated

-JeremyT

Are you using the official Drivers ?

Try turning AGP to 2X in the bios

Im not sure what the issues with DirectX are, its usually really good

Do you have the proper drivers? Goto windows update to get them. (You may have downloaded the wrong drivers)

i have a tnt2 and the 23.12s from windows update did much more harm than good. They give me BSODs on boot. Went back to 23.11s and the problem is not completely gone but it occurs less frequently.

whats ur system specs and what direct x u running ? open gl version ??

23:12's should never have been released as there drivers for 1 make of nvidia cards. not all cards.

Bill gates is a £$%^

I installed the 12.40 dets and those are working. At least I can still play UT... They've gotta be better than XP native, although I believe the XP native are based off of the 12.40?

-JeremyT

you could try the detonator destroyer to clean out all viddy drivers then reinstall 23.11's have u hit the default button for ur viddy prefrences just incase u hit the wrong button in the past?

I know i managed to turn mipmapping off and wonderd why dirext x looked so bad *sigh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back