Nvidia 7800 GTX is out and in stock

Sazar

Rest In Peace
A pretty nice card, and SLi capable out the box.

As the benchmarks will show, pretty much all games are CPU limited till 16x12 res and then when you apply AA and AF it starts to really outpace the previous gen products.

New games as well as any CPU advancements will make it more interesting (multi-threaded, improved single-threaded performance) as the frame-rates will fly through the roof.

ATi's next card is not scheduled for at least a month and a bit so this card is going to rule the roost for at least a month and a half with no competition, and in SLi config probably longer (till crossfire shows it is anywhere near as good as it looks on paper). At that time Nvidia will probably drop a new product like the 7800 Ultra (32 pipe, 500mhz mem clock? :smoker: lets speculate :D ) to compete with the r520.

Good times ahead.

Can find it at www.newegg.com , in stock with 3 manufacturers, list price of $599.00 which is pretty nice.

Reviews available at.

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=Nzg0

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2451

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050622/index.html

Card pics

78gtxfront.jpg

78gtxback.jpg

Definatly the new top end card, for the time being, but I can't help but feel that it isn't worth the upgrade for me.

The only reason I will upgrade is because if I switch to dual core it would be silly to stick with AGP (if you even can)... I am very impressed that such good drivers were released with it, something that sadly didn't happen when I got my 6800 ultra.

Gotta be impressed it is out there already too. The power of the NDA!

That is one honking big cooler on that thing... Perhaps not as big as the leaf blower that was attached to the original GeForce FX cards, however :D All said, that's one honking big chip on this thing, so...

I do wonder one thing: Slight issues with the earlier drivers, for which driver optomizations should be comming soon?

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=Nzg0LDEw

Compare the Doom 3 benches new gen to old:

7800 GTX shows a minimum fps of 25 and an average of 53.4 in Doom 3. The 6800 Ultra shows a minmum 30 fps and an average of 55.1 fps.

I'm in class so don't have time to read through everything, but did take a quick look at the Doom 3 benchies. Driver not making as effective use of the new card is what I'm suspecting about now...

Well at some point it is going to max out, there is always a bottleneck and I don't think the graphics card in that system was it :)

I think I am gonna cheat and look at ordering a dual core sli alienware system next month, there is just no way I can compete with those prices buying the componants, unless there are any good alternatives to Alienware?

*buys lottery ticket*

Come on baby...I need my dual 7800s and an Athlon 64 x2 4800...

Electronic Punk said:
I think I am gonna cheat and look at ordering a dual core sli alienware system next month, there is just no way I can compete with those prices buying the componants, unless there are any good alternatives to Alienware?

building it yourself and save 1000's over alienware/?

Dell will have a dual/dual solution out soon. Intel based, not AMD but still gonna be a heck of a lot cheaper, plus better support than Alienware :)

Or, BUILD YOUR OWN EP :D

What kind of example are you setting for the rest of us peons if you get all lazy n stuff :)

Yeah, think I will stick to the original plan... I have time, waiting for dual core and that new creative card and that coolermaster case... will it ever end?

I think I just got a little overexcited at the prospect of not having to dig around inside a pc for a bit trying to get it stupidly cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back