Nvidia 5950

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political Access
Okay I just recently got an email from Nvidia on this new card. Well is it new or just a compensation until the next big thing?

Originally posted by Terrahertz
Okay I just recently got an email from Nvidia on this new card. Well is it new or just a compensation until the next big thing?

its a higher clocked 5900U...

basically you should be able to oc your 5900U to the same levels as this card...

I've seen the benches. The 9800XT is faster. Not by much, but still squeaks by. I wouldn't call this card, "The next big thing." but it is good news for those craving a Geforce FX 5900 Ultra. Seeing as the prices will drop dramatically for a fairly decent card once the FX 5950 starts shipping.

I heard it's about 5% faster then the 5900 Ultra
And the 9800XT is about 5% faster then the 9800

bleh... they're both slightly higher clocked versions.. if anything the XT is a more revolutionary card since it actually has active overclocking (incorporates built in diodes to measure temp and oc if temps are below a certain threshold)

nothing major going on with either of these cards...

also prices are unlikely to start dropping since it appears as though these products might be there to phase in in place of the 9800/5900 series cards which are likely to go EOL...

so yah prices will go down but not dramatically...

I think it has a larger memory bandwidth too, not too sure exactly though. Also, it comes with the mighty leaf blower, because of its almost maxed out clock speeds.

I will most probably get one for the convinience of it already basically being highly overclocked and its well cooled and as i'm not a hardcore case modder, its convinient :p

I need to upgrade from my ge-force MX440 and I want a card that will last a good while, that is why I am going to buy one of the top notch cards.

Originally posted by black-syth
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.html?i=1923\

$250 for a 5900Ultra. Thats pretty dramatic!

the card prices have been low for over a month m8...

if you have been following prices on the main online e-tailers et al :)

I think if you continue following AT overtime you will see they are a little behind the ball even if they do provide some decent information from time to time...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back