nVidia 5900 Ultra 256 MB !!!!!!

C

cwalker2734

Just installed the 45.** series Detonator drivers, and I am very impressed. Although I believe they are for benchmarking, and not aesthetics...

However, I just posted a score on 3dMark2003 of 5171 !!

Thats awesome w/ no Overclocking. Now time to push things to the limit. Wish me luck.

5171? ive got over that and i have a fx 5800 ultra? Try turning off v Sync for higher marks

Originally posted by ste_w
5171? ive got over that and i have a fx 5800 ultra? Try turning off v Sync for higher marks

for a stock setup and probably stock settings in the control panel that is a good score...

anything north of around 4000-4500 == the liklihood of very good frame-rates playing games out there today...

Wat do u mean By STock?
Do u mean Settings? nothing is over clocked n i havnt run 3d mark 03 since i put another 512mb in (Making 1gb) the only thing i changed was that i turned off v sync

Wat do u mean By STock?
Do u mean Settings? nothing is over clocked n i havnt run 3d mark 03 since i put another 512mb in (Making 1gb) the only thing i changed was that i turned off v sync

stock == control panel settings and non-optimized stuff...

nothing major but believe me... you can easily squeeze or lose around 300-400 3dmarks depending on choices...

not taking into account v.sync

Wat do u mean By STock?

stock == control panel settings and non-optimized stuff...

nothing major but believe me... you can easily squeeze or lose around 300-400 3dmarks depending on choices...

not taking into account v.sync

my score... for comparison ( when I actually cared about 3dmark03 and futuremark and their integrity )was around 4700... just over actually... stock... nothing overclocked or optimized... the same setup I play day in... day out with...

o rite in that case same here, cos i never play wit v sync enabled in the Nvidia control panel cos most games put it on its self, n i dont really notice Tearing anyway lol

Not sure what is up, there have been several times where I have better hardware, jus to have someone put up better benchmark scores. I dont mess w/ the settings but, this damed vid card should blow past everything except the 9800 Pro 256.

I haven't O/C'd my ATI card, but I have O/C'd my Palomino 2000+ CPU to 1800MHz (12.5*144) and I get 5528. I thought the FX was a faster card than the ATI? Your card should blow by mine pretty easily from what I've read.

u gota Remember 3dmark Does Sound Tests n cpu tests aswell which accounts for 1/3 of the results.

u gota Remember 3dmark Does Sound Tests n cpu tests aswell which accounts for 1/3 of the results.

yes but the sound/cpu tests do not carry any weight concerning the score that you receive...

the score is based entirely on the first 4 game tests... thats it...

as it stands 3dmark03 is very much gpu dependent...

AFAIK the 'cheats' that nvidia employed in drivers prior to 44.03 were reintroduced in subsequent driver sets and therefore the score received should be on par with ati's top dog... it is afterall doing... in some cases... half the work init ;)

Originally posted by Sazar
yes but the sound/cpu tests do not carry any weight concerning the score that you receive...

the score is based entirely on the first 4 game tests... thats it...

as it stands 3dmark03 is very much gpu dependent...

Looks like you're right. Even with my new CPU (was a Palomino XP2000+ at 144FSB) my score only went up to 5616, and before it was 5528.

well the 45.** drivers helped the score about 200 pts. (5451)- but I am still concerned somewhat. I am going to upgrade the CPU next week. I think I'll get the 3000XP, hopefully the score will get to what it should be. Who knows maybe a thousand dollars from now I'll be happy with this thing... :D

Originally posted by cwalker2734
I am going to upgrade the CPU next week. I think I'll get the 3000XP...
you're seriously upgrading from a 2800+ to a 3000+?

Originally posted by taurus
you're seriously upgrading from a 2800+ to a 3000+?

Yeah, does sound kinda pointless... unless you've got money to burn guess. I suppose the 3000's 400MHz FSB is better than the 333 on the 2800, but the 2800 goes up to at least 180 (the highest I've tried so far).

Ya I am, the cost/ performance ratio is better than that of the 3200XP, besides the crappy Soyo motherboard I have doesnt support the 3200XP, at least I dont think it does.

I can get the 3000XP for 237.00, cant pass up a deal like that !

I have decided to get the ASUS motherboard that everyone recommended, and I dont want to pay $130 for the motherboard and $375 for the CPU.

There is only a 4% increase diff. between the 3000+ and the 3200+.

I am hoping the market will soon start supporting the Opteron, I want to do some more upgrading, but I dont have much to upgrade. Unless of course I switched over to Pentium and I dont want to do that yet. Does anyone know if the Opteron is gonna be good for gaming/desktop use or it mainly for file servers ?

Originally posted by cwalker2734
I am hoping the market will soon start supporting the Opteron, I want to do some more upgrading, but I dont have much to upgrade. Unless of course I switched over to Pentium and I dont want to do that yet. Does anyone know if the Opteron is gonna be good for gaming/desktop use or it mainly for file servers ?

opterons are all around in the market...

athlon 64 will drop soon :)

september is round the corner babeee :cool:

What happens in September ?

Is the Opteron or Athlon64 for gaming ?

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Yeah, does sound kinda pointless... unless you've got money to burn guess. I suppose the 3000's 400MHz FSB is better than the 333 on the 2800, but the 2800 goes up to at least 180 (the highest I've tried so far).
why not just oc your fsb to 400? you'll have to lower the multiplier, though. should be plenty easy to get past 3200+ level (200*11).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back