nvidia 28.32 HELP

See below for the Grphics card I have, with thier last official driver release I got the discription of my graphics card as having 32 MB grpchics, when it has 64 MB, but with this one I get only 16 MB graphics. I know that it is the latest one, the fixxed one, and not the wrong one that they put up before.

Any one got any sugestuons?

Never buy a grphics card from Hercules, they'll sell you the card, and then they'll treat you like dogs. They'll point you in every other dirrection, but but wont admit there the ones to balme.

You may want to try the 23.11 from nv's site. 28's will be crap for awhile.

Yeah, I'm trying to install the 23.11's back..but its not working :(
I install them, reboot the system and when I go to device manager it's automatically disables..I attempt to enable it and the driver goes back to 5.1.2001? This is getting really annoying..heh =\

A possible solution (?)

That's strange. Am I the only one who downloaded and installed the new drivers and don't have any problem with it?
The advanced is right there and working perfectly.

The only solution I can possibly think about is for you to go to the Device Manager, and in the "Display adapters" Choose the Nvidia card, and then choose to go back to the last driver, which will bring you back the original drivers which came with the XP.

Reboot, and after that try to install it again.
Reboot again, (like you have a choice:) ) and then see if it works.

Hope it works.

Good luck.

Gal.

Well, I tried that as well..The closest i've gotten though is having the card disabled and then ran the 23.11 drivers, from there it tells me the little "A new hardware device has finished installing, nVidia geForce2 MX/MX400" in my taskbar..so I to see if the advanced tabs show up and everything, viola it does..but then I check in device manager and it says that there is no driver installed for this device, blah blah..so I rebooted to set the changed in, maybe it would recognize the drivers..but nope, it goes back to the default drivers and all my advanced tabs and stuff got taken away..:(

Gal what are your system specs?

Before I install, can anyone tell me if my system will cause problems with the new driver:

AMD Thunderbird 1200
512 MB DDR RAM
Asus GeForce2 MX 32 MB v7100
SB Live
XP Pro
The rest is blah..

I've been using the 23.11 because all other drivers fuxxors my sytem, even with the 23.11 I have to reboot between 3-6 times before my system is stable :(

Any help would be appreiciated, I know I've asked before - but this driver update is something I've anticipated :)

I can confirm the same problem that other people are having, i.e. the drivers turn themselves off when you install them, leaving you sometimes in VGAsafe mode or in the case of dementor who I was talking to on the #xperience IRC channel /plug come here for answers to some problems /unplug had the exact same problem as mine in a limbo state between drivers :eek:

For me it worked when I went and re-enabled the drivers and there seem to be no further problems, but it does depend on the nature of your system setup it seems, and possibly version of windows - I definately know I activated the drivers from VGAsafe mode and it seemed to work whereas on dementors it didn't.

It seems as though it definately seems to be effecting GF2 MX cards, since a couple of people mention they have them, I have a Gainward GF2 MX 64MB and dementor has a GF2 MX 32MB.

If anyone has a GF2 MX card I would suggest that before you install the drivers

1) Create a system restore point. For a bizarre reason the restore system doesn't back up the drivers when you install them.

2) try installing the drivers - if you get sent into VGAsafe mode (You can tell by looking at the adapter tab through the Display proprties -> Settings -> Adapters menu (can't remember the exact sequence offhand but it there)

3) Try enabling the 28.32 driver in the Hardware device manager - if it works, then great, but if it does not work then use your restore point.

It might be useful if everyone with probs post their exact specs. Then this problem could be mailed to nvidia when we have all the information about which cards it effects.

Guys , I just went to ADD/remove programs and UNinstalled them, rebooted and installed the 23.11's

I havent had any problems yet :)

Touching wood ------

All this has been fixed already. Read the first page of the thread. ;)

GeForce ll Mx Problems

Since alot of people who have a GeForce 2 MX ll are having trouble with the 28.32's, like I am, it would be a good idea to colllect the info about those cards effected, and send the list to nVidia, like Dublex said, so just post your problems the GF ll MX Problems Thread

If you are having problems, and it is not a GeForce ll, then still post your problems, see what can be done.

Then someone could do the honers of sending the list to nVidia.

However make sure that its the new 28.32 your having trouble with, not the wrong ones that they put up earlier.

Please specify your graphics card along with the company, i.e. Asus, Hercules, etc, with other spec too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back