Nvdvd V2.0

S

Serpentuk

Is the new version of nvdvd going to overwipe the the older version and update it or does it require you to pay more money.

I tried updating and it wasn't having any of it, removed the old version... as evga were the only ones to distribute previous versions, contact them and ask about updating - I don't see very much new to warrant paying for this new version to be honest.. I am also have alot of errors in the application itself, tho the filters are working fine!

nvdvd2.gif

Seems to be a seperate install

Odd i have both installed at the moment and no problems when playing any divx clips or dvds the new version is much better but seeing as i got version 1.71 free with my graphic card i am not willing to pay out $39.95 for a new one when i have other players installed

maybe its me but $39.95 for this is expensive.

Then in that Case EP i will not be upgrading for the points that you just explained to me but overall if they ever update it where will have new functions then i will be willing to upgrade...

Thnks EP

2.20 is out now.
I am talking to a member of the dev team via AIM about my problem now.

Also asked him about an upgrade to 1.x and will let you know what his reply is.

Electronic Punk: I got a few guys on my forums asking
Electronic Punk: will evga orwhoever distributed the older version 1.x
Electronic Punk: be offering cheaper update?
xxxxxxxxxx: Nope. The reason why NVDVD costs alot is because we are officially supporting NVDVD.
Electronic Punk: well you say alot, but its around the same price as the others
Electronic Punk: except theatertek
xxxxxxxxxx: NVDVD 2.0 will be made available through OEM's and add-in board companies bundled with their products but those versions will be supported by their respective makers
Electronic Punk: which is just rediculous
Electronic Punk: ok
xxxxxxxxxx: Well, NVDVD 2.0 is very feature rich which is very nice.
Electronic Punk: yeah
Electronic Punk: fast to load too
xxxxxxxxxx: But over hear, you can purchase set top DVD players for about $50 so in prespective, that is why I said $39 is a lot.
Electronic Punk: I see
xxxxxxxxxx: The set top players though aren't nearly as good as some nicer models but for most, its good enough.
Electronic Punk: yeah
Electronic Punk: we got a cheap one about a year go
Electronic Punk: very temperamental
xxxxxxxxxx: Yep. I got a Samsung at home but quality so so good compared to a Panasonic a friend has.

Ok.....that seems to solve a lot of things.

Dont know might stick with old NVDVD for now tho :)

Thnks again EP keep me posted on any developments through this post

When using NVDVD, do you experience your taskbar flickering when loading the program? It does for me and is annoying. Any ideas?

I think I startewd getting that with 4.x detonators.. .any 3.x users able to confirm ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back