NV4disp Bluescreen !!??

H

Helmut

I get regular bluesreens that say's nv4disp caused it!
Anyone know what to do about this??
Anyone else have the same problem?

/H

Any tips on drivers to use then?
and where to find them!

System is running fine under w2k, but i relly liked XP!

BP6 dual cel 500
Asus v7700 Gf2 GTS
3x10Gb HD
CD-Sony Slot in
3Com 905b
640Mb 100Mhxz memo
Adaptec 2940au
Sb Live value

well what drivers are you currently using? you can goto a site such as warp2search.com and get alot of the beta drivers there. as for drivers to use it kinda depends on system and such when it comes to beta's, some betas work for some people and not others, ya gotta play around.

You might just want to try the lastest nVidia drivers @ guru3d.com

Currently I'm using the 27.70

Be sure to install them correctly, uninstall the card, reboot, hit to safe mode and install in there.

Yodums

I had the same problem once

i just reinstalled an earlier driver and it worked fine.. i found that 23.11 works the best for all my games

Re: I had the same problem once

Originally posted by EMPIRETANK
i just reinstalled an earlier driver and it worked fine.. i found that 23.11 works the best for all my games

Might be the fact that their nVidia passed, their offical drivers, and WHQL certified..

Beta drivers are a give and go and a 50/50 on whether you get good performance or bad.

Thx all!
You've given me some leeds on how to proceed!

I used the 23.11 ref drivers earlier and they didn't work so I'll reinstall XP and try some beta drivers!

Originally posted by Helmut
Thx all!
You've given me some leeds on how to proceed!

I used the 23.11 ref drivers earlier and they didn't work so I'll reinstall XP and try some beta drivers!

Did you uninstall the card before reinstalling the new drivers?

I forgot: you can also check: www.via.com.tw and type the word "loop" (without quotes) in the search window in the top of the screen. This will result in 5 pages of posts about this problem.

Think I solved it!

I moved around the pci cards on my BP6 motherboard and now it seems to be working with xp-default drivers!

Old NOT working Pci Card placing!
Agp
Empty
Sb. Live
Scsi
Empty
Nic

New working (so far) config!
Agp
empty
nic
scsi
empty
sb. live

woohaa!
Thx all for you're time trying to help me!

/H

You can usually fix this error by going into the services panel and disabling the Nvidia service.

I would not recommend using the XP default drivers as they dont use all of the features of your card. I had the same problem as you with the nv4_disp errors, I thought it was due to nVidia not supporting the GeForce 256 DDR card as the new Detonator ones had features my card didnt.
Since then I have upgraded my card to a GeForce 2 Ti, I checked on the Windows Catalogue and hardware->Video cards and checked to see which GeForce cards were supported. Now I have had no problems at all. I am using the 6.13.10.2720, which came with the card. No problems

Athlon 1GHz
Abit KT7 RAID
256MB RAM
Gainward GeForce 2 Ti/450 TV
Creative Audigy Player
3COM 3C905B-TX
IBM DTLA-307030
MAXTOR 2 B020H1
Creative PC DVD 6x
Creative 8432e CDRW

Old graphics card was a creative card as well

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back