• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

nv30 article on front page

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I don't know if the inquirer is a reliable news source...

testers have said that the nv30 will come with core memory clocked @ 400 mhz... also the ddrII has a top limit of 500-550 mhz...

now... there are radeon 9700pro's that have been constructed by ati... probably will not be sold... but were demoed... and they are runnig with a clock of 550mhz, which translates to 1100mhz... does this make it better than the nv30? reading the article I would think so since the clock is 1100 and the memory bandwidth is 2 times that of the nv30...

my point is I don't think the article is completely accurate, nor does it show that the writer has an understanding of the way DDR II works or the benefits/drawbacks of using it....

chastity

Staff member
Political User
Well I agree with you Sazar but I figured that it least shed's some-light on what Nvidia or ATI could be doing with DDR II technology.

M

mbunny

meah... Shoddy journalism tends to bring a bad light to most topics.

If you think about it, people may read the inquirer hoping for a bad ass NV30... but they may get dissapointed... thus giving nVidia a bad name...

chastity

Staff member
Political User
Well since there were a couple of comments to the story when I got to the site today I posted a comment saying the author was just speculating on it.

If they are going to do that, i was thinking of buying a 9700, but now i will wait till christmas, and decide which one is a beast then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies