NV Det 40 problems - Revisited

Read the info on the post above link then use this link Fix to download the fix.

My problem is this,
Wkile playing games, eg. "microsoft flight simulator" in the middle of playing my PC freezes and I get a blue screen that says I have a driver error "NV4.disp.dll". I have Windows XP w/ SP1 and version 40.72 drivers. My video card is the PNY TI4600. Cant figure out what the problem is. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and drivers, but still does it. Any ideas?:(

i think the det40 drivers are terrible. I have a gf4 ti4200 128mb and i saw a huge decrease in my framerate.. prolly by 20%! instead of gaining 20%!

I have a ti4200 in my other system and the det 40.** drivers are great (20%+) a little buggy in one or two games but i did see a boost in performance from the 30.** drivers which i had in before,every setup is different and each in its own way needs fine tuning just remember to clean out all old nvidia drivers the correct way and change settings to best performance rather than best quality for benching.

finally

well i am amazed finally a set that works for me the new 41.09's work and all is well with my geforce4 mx 420 ..... took me a few drivers to find any that would work but now with the new ones all is well .........

ive tried every detonator driver from 5.14 til present (first off on a nvidia tnt2 vanta 8mb - and now on a hercules 2mx twinview 32mb [both agp]).

every single driver gave me no gain in performance, nor any less performance... on both cards. The early 6.xx drivers for Win9x caused WinME to BSOD on shutdown, but apart from that, all drivers are the same. I think I'm currently using the 40.72 (I only updated a week or so ago) and these havent increased performance over any of the previous drivers tried on either of my nvidia cards.

just goes to show... nvidia are talkin garbage when they say it gives you a 20% gain in performance. I bet their 20% improvement is down to their better cpus + ram in the testing systems rather than their graphics drivers imo

I think it all depends on what type of card you have as i will have to disagree,i have a GF4Ti4200 and the difference in just 3d mark2001se (done all the opengl ones as well) between 30.82 and 41.09 is a at least 600 points...when i have time i will re bench drivers.

I dont think you know what your talking about Techsupport. How could you actually write that Nvidia drvs are garbage?

Well

I have had more problems with nvidia drivers than I ever had with the ATI's ...... but in the end I find they both are about the same no matter what , some ati cards seem to give some people problems but some nvidia cards do the same, I guess it dont matter what your using your going to run into problems where video drivers are concerned...... :rolleyes:

Those new 42 det are actually working pretty good for me. Much better than the 41's in my opinion. Better clarity in my games and a tad smoother.
P4 1400
4400 TI
Rambus 256

The new drivers are working great for me, which are the 41.09s

They have given me a great boost in performance. :p

how can u say they don't? just have to set it up right.

4109's

I am happy with the 4109's its the first set of drivers that worked for me besides the asus/det's that I got with my card... I am looking forward to next release 42.xx whatever that will be, I was getting very peeved at the drivers because none would work properly for me until this set .......

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back