NTTFS 2 fat32

C

CroW

Do sombody know how to do this?
To convert NTFS partition to FAT32

I'm pretty sure that you can't go back. Once it's NTFS, you would have to reformat.

From an HP support page:

"Please note also that Windows 2000 does not provide a utility for converting NTFS to FAT32. The only way to go from NTFS to FAT32 is to delete the partition and to recreate the partition as a FAT32 volume."

yes but?

Do you know the way to do this?
Have now xp on a older model compaq pc, have looked for motherboard drivers on home page but for this model thay dont't made new ones, so i must turn to Me but don't know how to do this when xp is on ntfs partition.

do you mean you want to reinstall ME? I would perform a clean install, wipe out the drive where xp is installed and start fresh.

if you need help with this, write back.

how?

ok wil you explaine how to do this plz?
Have only one partition with xp on it

Two ways you can do it:

1. Boot from XP CD (you may need to go into the BIOS, usually by hitting the Delete key or F1, but your machine will tell you what it is. Turn your machine off, then on, and watch for the instruction which tells you what key to hit to get into "setup", "system setup", or "system BIOS". In the BIOS, there should be a setting for "startup sequence", change it to boot from CD first, then exit saving changes).

2. Get a Windows 98 boot disk (www.bootdisk.com) and boot with CD support, then run setup from the CD.

The first option is usually the easiest, most of the time you will get a prompt when you boot with the XP CD inserted saying "press any key to boot from CD".

More later...

Ok

Have done it with this boot disc you say.
Tnx for help!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back