NTLDR Causes

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Happened to me again today...my hard drive (and Windows) freezes, reboots and when attempting to start windows xp home it comes up with the message 'NTLDR is Missing...' and restarts again.

Luckily i managed to remember how to fix this but does anyone know why this happens in the first place?...or how to prevent it happening again?

Thank you

quick question are you oc'ing your cpu like a mad man. because I've seen this when the fsb is set to high for the devices(hard disk, gpu, ram) also to fix this just boot from the cd and run a repair install and should keep all your settings. or you could run a SFC /SCANNOW from the run box. let me know if it helps.

Don't overclock in the slightest. Nothing at all is over its stock speeds, FSB etc.

A repair install is the long way round, all you need to do is copy the NTLDR from your XP CD on to the c:\windows\ area.

Thanks for the reply abodo.

I understand that the easy way is to copy the file over but if it has happened before then there is another issue that is why I suggested the SFC and the repair install ;)

The first time it happened i did do a format/reinstall.

Im just curious WHY it happens. Is it something specific to Western Digital HDDs?

not been funny here

but leaving a none bootable cd/floppy in the machine could cause this

Dammit....it just happened to me again!! Surely twice in 2 days is more than average.

Could the PSU (eg problems with it) possibly cause it?

Grrr.

Is there anything in the System/Applications section of your event history that hints at a probable cause?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back