NTFS.org how to

Swi

gningnegneur
Does anyone know how the makers of this site (or this forum) do to block any links until the page is completly loaded (or stoped)??

they dont......i click links before it's all loaded:confused:

Originally posted by XP Abuser
I HEARD THERES HAMSTERS RUNNING THE SERVER:eek:

tsk don't talk about waddy like that;)

It surely do in the forum's page... when an image is slow to load, you can't follow any link...

I'll ask waddy about that.

There is no blocking. Links work perfectly before the images are loaded. I should know sínce the images on NTFS load really slow for me (for some reason) even though I'm on 10Mbit.

And you can't even block if you wanted to. Unless you Javascripted all links. But that's biiiiitchy.

Originally posted by Zedric
And you can't even block if you wanted to. Unless you Javascripted all links. But that's biiiiitchy.

The *****y part follows:
PHP:
<SCRIPT>
doneLoading = false;

function jumpTo(url){
	if(doneLoading){
		location = url;
	}
}
</SCRIPT>

<BODY onLoad="doneLoading = true">

<A HREF="Javascript: jumpTo('http://whereever.com')">Click</A>

</BODY>

But I personally think it's a bad and unnecessary idea.

I'm using IE 6.0... don't know why i'm the only one to experience this... I wanted to know that cause we had a problem (at my job) with a page that feeezed whenever a user was licking a link before the pages were completly loaded... Actually, the programmers who coded that placed javascript in the midle of the body tag and sometimes the user was calling a functions before it was declared... which resulted to page freeze. They reviewed the code and everything works ok now :)

Thanks for replying!

Hey Swi - I don't think you are nuts and I know exactly what you are talking about.

I have had to sit here and wait until someone's "oversized" signature loaded until I could click on a link.

Okay, maybe not fair - someone's signature that was hosted by a less than optimized (speedy) site - perhaps - anyway I also use IE6 and am on cable - so - perhaps we are the only two?????

Originally posted by damnyank
Hey Swi - I don't think you are nuts and I know exactly what you are talking about.

Wow, it's fun to know that i'm not the only one...
Do you see the red dot elephant flying over your head too?? If so, tell him that i'll return his lawnmower as soon as he gives me back my hairbrush :huh:

Swi, don't worry, you're not nuts. It happens to me too, but I know why!

Originally posted by Swi
It surely do in the forum's page... when an image is slow to load, you can't follow any link...

I'll ask waddy about that.

waddy is on the run from microsoft and bill gates himself, thus explaining his absence. find him if u can sukker :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back