NTFS logo never shows up (Orbitz exp.)

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I always get a nice broken image for the NTFS logo, when loading the forum in Mozilla. It points to http://www.ntfs.org/forum/orbitz/1.gif.
When I try to load the image seperately in my Mozilla 1.3 browser, I get this error:
The image "http://www.ntfs.org/forum/orbitz/1.gif" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors"
When I download the image and view it with the Windows XP internal viewer, the image shows up correctly. It all shows up correctly in IE6 though.
I took a peek in the source, but nothing unusual showed up.
I tried to load the downloaded image in Mozilla and now it showed correctly. I guess there is some Mozilla flaw here, but I thought I would post it here anyway.
I don't know if this 'works' with Mozilla 1.4 also, I have yet to install it. I will let you know.

as far as i know it's a known bug, i saw this sort of thread before, and there aint no answer, apart from its a bug :)

click refresh, and image is then fine from then on

Originally posted by Geffy
click refresh, and image is then fine from then on
No it's not. Hasn't worked for me since the last chanages [e]-Punk put in. Not in 1.3.1 or 1.4

IE6.0
Opera 7.11
Mozilla 1.4RC2
Mozilla 1.4
K-Meleon 0.7
Firebird nightly

Showed up fine for me in all those browsers (and none had the page cached due to me using the ekko theme)

WTF? Why is ctrl +F5 different then just refreshing the screen? That cleared up my problem as well

CTRL+F5 refreshes without refering to the cache.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
CTRL+F5 refreshes without refering to the cache.

Is that what you told me to do when I can't see my cam updating Speedy?? I can't remember :confused:

The image "http://www.ntfs.org/forum/orbitz/1.gif" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors"

Freaky. I did have to resize the image and the background image as with the new chunkeh adverts it threw everything out of whack. Most of the errors so far have been fixed by either a force refresh or clearing the cache.

I would have thought that browsers would just cache the larger image and just screw up alignment (I think gonaads' did this) can't see why it would 404 the image. plain rare.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back