NTFS in Mozilla

I ignore it, it's only on the front page news not the forums

Originally posted by Jewelzz
I ignore it, it's only on the front page news not the forums

Ditto ... everything else on the site works perfectly, and tabbed browsing really helps when u want to open a bunch of threads at a time ... just middle click all of them ;)

how do I turn on the middle click open in new tab??
I can get it by right click, but not middle

Personally I think I like the Opera 7 "Open in Background" thing, it keeps you on the page you are working on and opens the links in another page. Its great for opening a separate window for each thread in the User CP or a thread search

Now that I got both of them workin with my site, and have themeded them all up, I am going to try and use them.

You can find the option for middle click in your Preferences.
When u middle-click a link, it opens in a new tab in the background.

hehe they have 565 errors :p

most of them are meta tag problems

Of course there are compliancy issues, that comes from using an un-compliant portal system ;)

As for the Mozilla problem, I think its down to a single <p> tag, I remember someone telling me, anyway, I just ignore it, the news and info i want is still available, even if the header IS screwed.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Of course there are compliancy issues, that comes from using an un-compliant portal system ;)

As for the Mozilla problem, I think its down to a single <p> tag, I remember someone telling me, anyway, I just ignore it, the news and info i want is still available, even if the header IS screwed.
lol a <p> tag, it always comes down the smallest things doesnt it

Whats the bug in Mozilla ?
I would have thought that it was rendering as its told (it being told by the "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">" tag at the page header)?

if its messed up, Mozilla will treat it that way.
If the page specifies a doc type then Mozilla will VERY scrictly treat it that way, if the code gets messed up, then so does the rendering.

If the (doctype) tag was removed, then Mozilla would give a little slack and render it as good as it can, possibly even rendering it how its intended.
Browsers like IE compensate in the same way, but ignore doctype's completely, which is nice for an end user, but bad for compliancy.

If its not coded correctly the browser will mess it up because its trying to render it in accordance to the regulations set by w3.
The reason its trying to render along a strict set of guidelines is because the page has a doctype tag at the very top.
I've just tried removing that tag, and it renders fine in Mozilla.

try this:
In Mozilla Go to http://www.ntfs.org
Save the page to your Desktop/Hdd
Open the html file in notepad
remove the top line, then save
open it in Mozilla now.

Ok, I see your point now.
Do the standards deal with the many possible "ifs" though?
e.g. in this case: "if a p tag is left open, then .... "
if the site was 100% compliant there wouldnt be a problem, thats a fact, but there will almost always be problems, and i dont think that a compliant browser has been built to handle these.
I think that you're right that it is Mozilla at fault here, but I also think that w3 have a small part in it to.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B

Run a check on virtuanews.co.uk
It is compliant.
Just waddy was rushing to do it or something :O

I will ensure that the new themes I am working on, slowly, will be wc3 / xhtml compatible before I publically release them!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back