Ntfs -> Fat32

R

Renzoukuken

I would like to know if I can convert from ntfs to fat32 i know you can do it the other way around however i don't know of anyone doing the reverse. My games don't work in ntfs I want to go to fat32 and hopefully without formatting ... again

Thanks
Tidus

Yes, but you will need Partition Magic to do the trick. The only other way is to make a full backup, delete and recreate the partition (as FAT32) and then restore everything. But I sincerely recommend you to get PM. Great Tool!

i have pqmagic 7 but it is grey'd out
am i doing something wrong

Rightclick the NTFS partition > Convert > Help. Find the Convert NTFS to FAT or FAT32 and it will list the conditions under which you can convert.

yeah i tried it again after you mentioned pqmagic... however when it reboots it gives me an error and it wont convert it error 16xx i dont know the last 2 ... i think i'll just format cuz this is becoming more difficult
thanks for your help

Tidus

My games don't work in ntfs

Eh? they must be pretty old games, cos the operating system takes care of ntfs/fat32 most programs (except ones that need direct disk access, like defraggers) won't notice a difference.

r u sure your games just won't run under XP?

yes im very sure its not xp
when i goto install RA2 in FAT32 it works in NTFS it says unload debugger ... same with Renegade

thanks but if both games work for you that really doesn't help me ..
i put fat32 on and now they both work
thanks all

Renegade??? Is that the "Battle for Jacob's Star" thing?? If so, no wonder. That's a DOS based game!!!!

Good game, though. I still have a copy here somewhere. hehe:p

um.... nope..
it's Westwoods newest .. Command & Conquer Renegade
it is far from dos based...

sorry, u cannot convert from ntfs to fat32. just learned that the other day in my Windows 2000 server class

Brad

thanks but doesnt matter anymore i just formatted and now everything works

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back