Nt

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
does anybody know of a backdoor to a windows nt 4.0 machine? i accidently locked myself out. that is the technical genius that i am. :-/

Brad

format isnt an option....my dad needs the files on the computer....and i cant figure out how to get to the dos prompt before windows starts. damn microsoft. stupid security.

Brad

but if the file system is ntfs you'll need a special boot disk. as normal ones can't read it.

Originally posted by xxbigeyedfishxx
does anybody know of a backdoor to a windows nt 4.0 machine? i accidently locked myself out. that is the technical genius that i am. :-/

Brad
Find your self a copy of LinNT. It is a linux bootdisk that whrn you boot to it you can reset the admin password.

can you put either XP or Win 9x on another disk and try to access from there.
You can get a NTFS driver for Win9x from SysInternals.
did you create the Command Console, it is a XP DOS thing that lets you delete, move, create and not sure but run as well files on the XP NTFS disk. I am not sure how you can do this without XP Runnig already, but if you can get into XP with a DOS Disk and type the command line code to get it then do. The command line is written in the manual that comes with the disk. I cant remember what it is now. Can someone find out.
It is done by using a switch and typing cmdcons, but I cant remember which EXE file you apply the switch to.

sorry thought you were talkin about XP, I am not sure but I think that the commmand console as also availible in NT as well, but not sure which service pack it was with, if any.

Originally posted by gtgarside
sorry thought you were talkin about XP, I am not sure but I think that the commmand console as also availible in NT as well, but not sure which service pack it was with, if any.

This will not help. You have to know the admin password in order to use the recovery console.

hey guys thanks for all the help, but i am just going to install win xp over nt.

Originally posted by xxbigeyedfishxx

Brad

Bootable Linux disk...then rename admin password if i remember correctly:cool:

PS. what service pack? I know this hack will only work on certain sp's......can't remember which one though, sorry!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back