Now this is F&^% up lol

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political Access
ATI cards improve Dawn's image and performance​

news_dawn.jpg
A group of MIT engineering students have written a piece of software (Open GL wrapper), that allows
users of certain ATI based cards (M10/R300/R350/RV350) the ability to watch Nvidia's superb Dawn demo. According to Rage3D, both image quality and performance are improved when viewed with ATI's Radeon 9700 or 9800 Pro cards (when compared to the competing Nvidia product).

For all ATI Fans who enjoy the dawn demo and would like to run it

Go Here/Rage 3D

like finding out someone you hate had sex with your girlfriend! :(

here is a screen shot no AA or AF

Screenie

0% compressed JPG, 697KB

here is another with AA 6x and AF 16x
Screenie2
Also no compression 851KB

Both Images are 1280x1024

i don't think the hair and eyelashes were emulated correctly.

check the second screenie with All the AA and AF set to Max

added another one, a close up of the face similar to the first one
3rd Screenie

still with everything turned on

Originally posted by Geffy
added another one, a close up of the face similar to the first one
3rd Screenie

still with everything turned on

taurus is right... your dawn character is not being rendered correctly...

:(

btw... have you seen her sans leafs :D

'bump mapping' could use a little work I think.. but many a lonely one-hand jack will be happy... or prickly cactus EP...

for the record.. my ULTRA dawn is also done w/o eye lashes as is the case with quite a few other people :)

sorry but that looks crap, the guys who wrote the wrapper want a slap LOL, its all diffrent, hair/eyes/mouth. i just fired up a customers pc with the lowest spec GF FX and it looks twice as good.

*spits on ATI*

Originally posted by GoNz0
sorry but that looks crap, the guys who wrote the wrapper want a slap LOL, its all diffrent, hair/eyes/mouth. i just fired up a customers pc with the lowest spec GF FX and it looks twice as good.

*spits on ATI*

um... no... :)

the dawn demo in ultra mode (which sputters mightily on the low end gf FX boards @ high res) looks fabulous and runs great with no graphical anomalies except for the eyelashes...

geffy's screenies are showing a bug of some kind or another... I do not have them other than the eye lashes...

since I am so underwhelmed by the whole dawn demo thing (after the initial interest in her nekid) I can't be bothered to run it and take screenies...

ATI runs Dawn better ;)

I downloaded Dawn from NVidia a while back, only to find that they had "custom shaders" that wouldn't allow ATI cards to run it. With this openGL wrapper, I've been able to run it smoothly without a single graphics glitch.

Download the wrapper here!

Heres a screenie of it running on a Radeon 9800 with 4xAA and 16xAF also at rage3d:
Take that, NVidimonopolists!

I think the eyelashes are a alpha transparency thing, still it does look good, and my PC doesnt sound like a cruise missile

god rage3d is a slow pos site dang getting that picture at 300bytes a second!!!! not even a half a k!!! *moves on after not being impressed by image quality* this ATI/Nvidia thing is getting childish

btw... since this is a dx9 demo... I would have to agree with the MIT students on saying the ati cards are FASTER with the dawn demo than the nvidia cards...

based purely on the fact that nvidia cheated on 3dmark03...

http://www.hardware.fr/medias/photos_news/00/06/IMG0006295.gif

notice the MASSIVE cheat on the pixel shaders 2.0 ? and vertex shaders ?

that is a MASSIVE flaw in the architecture of the gpu... huge... specially considering dx9 specific applications...

everything I've read about the 5900 and the 9800 256 say that the 5900 is faster. and the 9800's aniso. is messed up something about it doesn't render certain angles right and thats why it doesn't take a hit like the 5900 even with that said the 5900 still runs faster at most things and 3dmark is worthless unless u just wanna look at pretty graphics. and saying one is faster then the other is 99% moot they can and do the SAME EXACT thing omg one get 56fps in the nature test and one gets 50 ohhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooo what are we gonna do?! piss and moan like impotent jerks that one does something the other can't (when they both again do the same thing) there are reason for the FX being out of spec (mostly MS fault) theres nothing that can be done about it now.

The driver issue with the skys being different colors or something? I thought they fixed that?

Originally posted by Sazar
geffy's screenies are showing a bug of some kind or another... I do not have them other than the eye lashes...
What bug?

and are you running the Cat 3.4 or 3.2's

I am currently 3.2, but am about to update to 3.4

Originally posted by Krux
omg one get 56fps in the nature test and one gets 50 ohhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooo what are we gonna do?!
that's a 12% difference. worth noting, if you ask me. especially when it comes down to price/performance.

but maybe that's just me. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back