Now this is F&^% up lol

12% OMG...i mean seriously both cards can do the same thing. They both run Dx9 and both will run our next gen games just fine. I run a 9700 pro and for what it is i consider it to be an awesome card. It gets the job done up to my standards for games. I really don't care if its not a 5900 or a 9800. In the end its just about price and personal preference...get the card you want and play the games...just have fun :)

ahh damn *wipes spit off ATI* thats as good as the nvidia now Geffy...

heh, I also changed to use the Dawn Ultra demo, that removed the eyelashes bug as well. The normal is also fine, except the eyelashes

Thats one fine pic there Geffy. *whistles* Well Im building a new PC around the end of summer so I guess Ill decide on the card to put in. Ive always had a liking to Nvidia though.

just to point out... ati's rendering of 3dmark03 scenes is EXACTLY per spec... nvidia's is not...

also... the speed of nvidia's dx9 features is extremely slow... around 1/2 the speed of ati's r3xx core based gpu's

this may not matter much NOW but when you start getting dx9 games nvidia is going to have to find a way to work around its 'broken' hardware to render scenes 'almost' correctly..

the difference in the nature test btw frm reference to nvidia's latest drivers is more like 50% :)

overall difference in performance is around 24% hence a 5000 3dmark score will fall to around 3800 or so...

the overall point being.. nvidia decided to implement great paper specs into its gpu for the FX core... but @ what speed penalty ? the architecture is extremely buggered.. and no drivers can fix buggered hardware...

the dawn demo looks pretty and stuff but only coz she is almost naked...

take a look @ nvidia's ogre demo or ati's chimp demo.. FAR more advanced demo's IMO especially the chimp... every hair individually rendered and the water is beautiful..

other than the fact dawn has nice skin... there is really nothing else to get excited about... the half life girl has better facial features than dawn...

I will reserve comment on dawn's sister till I see her in action...

Originally posted by Sazar
nvidia decided to implement great paper specs into its gpu for the FX core... but @ what speed penalty ? the architecture is extremely buggered.. and no drivers can fix buggered hardware..
its a case of Marketting makeing the developement decisions as opposed to the engineers. It will always result in failure.

Originally posted by Geffy
its a case of Marketting makeing the developement decisions as opposed to the engineers. It will always result in failure.

could also be a case of marketing trying to mask the design deficiencies of the product in order to maximise sales...

I am not a fan of companies like this duping their consumers...

and every passing day my opinion of nvidia as a company interested in the consumers needs is dropping... they spend more time manufacturing fud than making hardware these days...

they should go in to government they are great with "spin"

Originally posted by Sazar
could also be a case of marketing trying to mask the design deficiencies of the product in order to maximise sales...

I am not a fan of companies like this duping their consumers...

and every passing day my opinion of nvidia as a company interested in the consumers needs is dropping... they spend more time manufacturing fud than making hardware these days...

DAHHH HAH so the P4 ok gotcha :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back