November Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good resource. Sounds like you're trying to put me out of business =\ jk.

I think he/she is... what do you think? Why would anybody want to put madmatt out of business? I'm hurt!

=]

Mah desktop =)

Long time reader, first time poster...

Click for a bigger picture =) (232k pic)

mbunny.. nice color scheme. I like the sidebar and the dock, they look nice. good use of transparency.

Desktop of a great chess player ...

PS Spot the Chessmaster icon? :)

heh, MadMatt, I have used active desktop items like the Google search and rollover-image application links since the wee days of Win 98. However, your post in October desktops inspired me to add a few more elements to my design, the text links for the control panel, restart, etc... . So, no competition, just admiration. ;0)

b00ger . . .

there should be a attach button somewhere in the post reply page..

albybum ....
*cough* competition .. hahahha JP man, i gonna do activeDTOP on mine, but i have to set everything back up again. AFTER my desktop for nov. didnt go to plan.

nice work all. i love seeing more AD out on ppl's desktops. i'll make a suggestion for people, if you find that the google, for example, is to long you can always remove the button (i did it in mine, it's inside a menu) then just hit enter, it's faster than clicking go, and conserves size.

I'm with Piett, about time we are seeing some adtops. Nice additions, too.

As for albybum, no cookies for you! trying to put me out of business. heh.

wallpaper: jawshoouh

theme: corona

I still have the same coolmonsetup, until madmatt releases his tutorial on active desktop. Thats about it, I'll do some remodelling sone. :D

Does the addition of active desktop have an effect on system performance? I know it used to slow down W98 systems?

There is no affect on system performance as long as all files used are local (meaning on your hard drive). If you are downloading the files via a web server (such as xp-erience.org) then you may notice some what of a slow down when the files are downloading from the web.

Local files: being that the files are your hard drive, Windows will only update them when you choose refresh (right click menu) or when you log back in, or after a reboot/startup.

Using more in depth coding methods, such as embedded CoolMon (you can display CoolMon stats via a web page/document), could slow down performance, depending on when CoolMon updates the XML.

My desktop (which uses a variety of DHTML and JavaScript) does not affect system performance whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back