Novell Bordermanager

F

farseeker

Hi

I was wondering if there is one out there whom has experience with Novell Bordermanager. I have a slight problem - the bordermanager proxy/firewall that my machine is behind is blocking pertinant ports that I need to use.

Is there anyway to bypass the bordermanager proxy to acheive a direct connection to the internet? I realise this is a very broad question, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

is there a special reason why you have that software running, or is it someone that is keeping you from using those ports?

Brad

Damn Systems Administrators

Hey xxbigeyedfishxx,

Bordermanager has been installed by our systems admin as a way of tracking and limiting internet usage (a 10mb connection costs a bomb in Australia... even more than anywhere else in the world, so they charge per meg), and also to prevent the usage of MSN Messenger. If it were up to me, everyone would have free access to the entire bandwidth, but unfortunatly Bordermanager is here to stay apparently.

The only way to connect to the internet is via a static proxy(172.16.5.253:8080), and there's NO FTP or SOCKS, which is also getting on my nerves.

Thanks.

well considering the fact that they put up the software, they dont want you to access certain stuff. they have that firewall up for a reason. i dont mean to sound like an ass, but it is there for a reason. if it is vital to doing your job that you have access to those ports, contact your system admin to get help. otherwise, i wouldnt try to get around it because they can tell what you are doing.

Brad

No worries

It's cool, I spoke to the Sys Admin today and he said he'll sort something out for me.

Incidently, I wasn't trying to do anything illegal, it's just a small p2p chat program that I was (attempting) to develop using TCP/IP, and of course, I couldn't communicate with anyone cos of bordermanager!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back