notification area

M

mr gee

Hi in the notification area, you know by the time bottom right hand side I have a load of icons which are always hide but there are still some there that I dont use at all how can you delete these? the list just seems to be getting longer and although they are hidden I would like to be able to just delete those I dont want there
Mr gee

You have to open the programs that put an icon in the system tray and tell it not to. What programs don't you want there? If I have any of them i'll help you find a way to turn the feature off.

its the network connection icon for home networking which I'm not doingit looks like 2 tvs with a red cross through 'em

Ok, go to Control Panel> System> 'hardware' tab> 'device manager' button> expand 'Network Adapters'> highlight and right click on your adapter and 'disable' it.

This is for deleting all the past items in that notification list...
It's a knowledge base article from Microsoft...

To clear the Past Items list, perform the following steps:

Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values from the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify
Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe , and then click End Process .

In Task Manager, click File , click New Task , type explorer , and then click OK .

Although, I logged off, then back on...instead of restarting explorer.exe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back