Notebook HDD ?

Z

zoey

I have an HP notebook, 1Ghz Duron, It has a 20 gig HDD. It's on it's way out, I went onto Newegg and found Toshiba and Hitachi Hard drives. Are they all compatible, Just like Desktops?

make sure there the right size, theres a couple of diffrent heights to conosider, the smaller is always the safe option, some have diffrent ide cables, but 90% of the time in that case, theres a adapter mounted to the drive, it's a case of 1 screw and swop that to the new drive. half the mission is getting into the notebook :) otherwise notebook / laptop drives are compatable with each other. don't go and buy a 3.5" hdd, it just wont go in ;)

Theres a chance, try googling about your laptop model and see if other people have tried and managed it

For HP, I can't complain about their website. It has pdf manuals with full instructions and what to replace it with(Toshiba or IBM.)
Thanks for making me check.

All laptops use 2.5" hard drives.

Try to replace the drive with one that has the same amount of drive space. If you get something bigger than the Laptops BIOS can handle then it won't work but if it is the same size it should be ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back