Not really a joke but hilarious

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
My wife just walked in laughing hysterically and clutching a magazine. She handed it to me, pointed at an article, and walked off laughing.

FIRST magazine, tip of the day -

"To clean the most frequently used device in your house (your computer keyboard) take some of your teenagers Clearisil acne medicine pads and gently wipe off the keys. Use the clear variety only."

I'm still trying to decide to laugh or cry...

I guess, i have to wait until my kids are teenagers...I missed it too :(

*shrugs*

tumbleweed2.gif

Acne medicine pads to clean a keyboard is not funny? Maybe the wife and I are getting old...

I have had the luck that I have never had to have that crap. I never had acne. It is called taking good showers and washing ones face properly.

Yes it does work

I used it awhile back when I had acne a little bit. Helps mucho

Here's another way to clean a keyboad that I stumbled across:

If you take your laptop with you everywhere and use it constantly, you're liable to get a build-up of hairs, crumbs, and other detritus in the keyboard. To clean them out, take a Post-It note (the new 'super sticky' kind especially good for this) and run the adhesive edge through the cracks in the keys. Doing this is also a great way to stall when you can't think of what to write next.

Also I found a rather unique use for an old mouse pad:

Don't throw out that old mouse pad. Clean it off and keep it in the kitchen -- you can use it as a jar opener for that occasional stubborn lid.

If you take your laptop with you everywhere and use it constantly, you're liable to get a build-up of hairs, crumbs, and other detritus in the keyboard. To clean them out, take a Post-It note (the new 'super sticky' kind especially good for this) and run the adhesive edge through the cracks in the keys.

BRILLIANT! Just used like 50 small normal adhesive ones and it worked wonderfully. Im sure the extra sticky ones work alot better.

REPS++

If you take your laptop with you everywhere and use it constantly, you're liable to get a build-up of hairs, crumbs, and other detritus in the keyboard. To clean them out, take a Post-It note (the new 'super sticky' kind especially good for this) and run the adhesive edge through the cracks in the keys. Doing this is also a great way to stall when you can't think of what to write next.

Also I found a rather unique use for an old mouse pad:

Don't throw out that old mouse pad. Clean it off and keep it in the kitchen -- you can use it as a jar opener for that occasional stubborn lid.
Very creative suggestions damnyank :)

You have to be very bored to even think of doing that. I take compressed air and blow it through, and since the keys on my iBook come off quite easily I actually just pop them off one by one and use a vacuum cleaner.

I can't remember who it was - but I seem to recall someone actually "washed" their keyboard! Put it in the sink and left it soak for a couple of minutes and then left it dry out and it worked fine!

X-Istence - I only siad I found these suggestions - personally I also give my keyboard a blowjob from time to time!:rolleyes:

I just tip my keyboard upside down and hit it hard till all the crap falls out :laugh: Actually I usually take the whole thing apart every few weeks and give it a good clean,we've been using the same one for 5 year now :D

I can't remember who it was - but I seem to recall someone actually "washed" their keyboard! Put it in the sink and left it soak for a couple of minutes and then left it dry out and it worked fine!

X-Istence - I only siad I found these suggestions - personally I also give my keyboard a blowjob from time to time!:rolleyes:

I put mine in the dishwasher. I took out the electronics part of it and stuck it in the dishwasher to give it a very good clean.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back