• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

not phoshop, I swear

just because its over 2mbps does not mean its infinity or else i would have infinity connection speed all the time lol. they should fix that site (roadrunner is 5mbps)

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
ah...mcafee agrees with you prodg, but they found this connection to be infinity anyway

read the time elapsed for the downoad;...zero.

I'll tell you, I think they're wrong about that, but I can't be sure.

electrickpirate

pirate extraordinaire
that site is messed up. i have comcast, the yclaim 4 megs down, i usualy get 4 - 4.4.

ok, i went to that link, got a 2.2, so i clicked on re-test. it then tells me:

NaN kbps
NaN file size
NaN megs/sec

then when i hit the back button it told me

33.56 megs/sec.

did this a few times and it was consistant.

cleared my cache and had the same again.

FF 1.01 Comcast Cable

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
I just tried the McAfee one and the first test said DSL/Cable then the next said Network (T-1) with the last one saying 56K modem so I question the accuracy of the test in general.

I feel more accurate tests can be found at Dslreports as there are East and West coast test servers so you can test with one near you. I think there are a total of 307 test servers at Dslreports.

electrickpirate said:
that site is messed up.
Yeah, it's completely inaccurate. I'm on a 802.11b wireless network here on campus, and I get 468.754 Mbps (58.594 MBps) without caching - it's the first time I've opened the page.
True...this is an insanely fast connection here, but it should be capped at 11 Mbps due to the wireless link itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies