Not Enough Power?

adek

Very xp-erianced
Trying to connect a second hd to the computer but it shuts down a few seconds into the post. Tried canging the mastrer/slave jumpers and even tried Cable select. Also tryed the drive on its own and still does the same. Anyone with any ideas?

adek said:
Trying to connect a second hd to the computer but it shuts down a few seconds into the post. Tried canging the mastrer/slave jumpers and even tried Cable select. Also tryed the drive on its own and still does the same. Anyone with any ideas?
It could be ... what PSU you got?

Are you sure the ide cable is on right? Some are not keyed.

Same comment on the power connector. I managed to plug a molex in upside down one on a cheap drive.

Is the exposed circuitry on the bottom of the drive shorting to the case?

Though any of those should shut you down before post shows up.

And have you verified the rive is any good in another PC?

q-tec 550w.

Drive is verified as working in two other computers.

Dogsbody system specs:

amd xp2800+, 1.5 Gb RAM, 60 GB HDD, FX5200, sony dvd burner, liteon dvd/cdrw, 4 port inbuilt usb hub.

check cables (if you have a spare try another) ... maybe even try on other ide channel perhaps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back