Not Digitally signed.....

M

Marshal

Trying to install a new Nvidia GeForce 3 driver. Didn't care about MS warning about the driver not being Digi. Signed, ang pressed continue.
When I'm done, I get a warning (see picture)
Any idea anyone???
btw, I'm using nvidias last driver for XP...
When I restart the computer, it's in 640*480, and is not using GF3. ( which is disabled in dev. mngr.)
When I choose to enable GF3, is't using the old XP driver again...

just a thought,but did you remove your old drvs before you tried
to load the new ones? to make sure you're not having any drv
conflicts you might want to try the det.destroyer program.you
can find it @ www.guru3d.com .:cool:

How are you trying to install it? Using it's own setup.exe or through device mgr (should be the former). And the prior post is correct - make sure you've uninstalled the old drivers first.

Since it worked so nice and easy in winMe I didn't unistall the old drivers.
I'll try and post an answer later.

btw som off topic, Crashed my car... well, some idiot didn't stop for me. SO the only driving I do now is in NFS PU:D

Well, tried the destroyer, but got an error.
Tried to unistall the driver, restartet, and the stupid xp driver installed itself... Tried to add an new hardware, display, but all I can choose from is GeForce..
So, HOW can I turn of that stupid self fixing driver installer in XP??
No mather what I do, It finds the new hardware and install that stupid xp driver (12.40 i think)

Im reaching out with both hands now folks...

......try this...

first uninstall the drivers like you already have
through the device manager
and than dont restart
just go str8 ahead n install the new drivers
n than restart
it worked for me...
it was on this site i think...or maybe a diff one
hope it works

tried alot in the weekend. Finally, removed the XP nvidia inf files. hehe, no more auto finding.
Pointed to my new dell geforce driver, when new hardware pops up, but sadly, got the same error.
Think I have to reinstall my system.. damn.

thanks alot for all help.

Hence only use the drivers from nvidia disk or site. Leaked are unfinished and unstable which possible fucks up your system.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back