Not Digitally Signed??

B

Bretenn

Hey guys,, it realli drive me crazy....... a windows default driver not digitally signed??

ok to make it simple.... all my driver that is windows default driver became "not digitally signed"..... and not only that, all windows default driver are missing.......... thats mean whenever i need to install erm.... e.g. a new cdrom.... i need to manually install the driver.... coz i cant find any driver in windows. It just said "unable to find any drivers"......... does it sound weird??? help.... plz reply asap.....!!!

Windows should have all the drivers you need to get a cd rom installed, but software is a different story.

If you get an error message saying that driver is not digitally signed, just continue you'll be fine.

i know...!!! but wat i want u guys to help is that how to get back all the windows default driver....

now if i wan to install a new cd-rom.... i need to go to that cdrom manufacturer to get the driver..... so it really make me crazy.....:mad:

Go to control panel,system, hardwre device manager and rollback driver for the device you want.

But I would recommend:

Download latest manufactures XP compatible device drivers and use them.

Most reputable manufactures are completely XP compatible.

wat i realli want to know is how to get back all the windows xp default driver.....

You haven't deleted your driver.cab file have you ?

It should be in Windows\driver cache\i386

If you have just copy it to here from your xp cd.

Originally posted by Bretenn
wat i realli want to know is how to get back all the windows xp default driver.....

Format and reinstall windows.

Format and reinstall windows.

every time i hear that it anoy's me. i've never had 2 do + c no real reason 2 do it. it's bst 2 try a repair install FIRST using your xp c.d.

Originally posted by henyman

every time i hear that it anoy's me. i've never had 2 do + c no real reason 2 do it. it's bst 2 try a repair install FIRST using your xp c.d.

Well sorry it annoys you. But in my case, I have everything backed up on my other harddrive, and I could spend days troubleshooting it, or just format and be back online with a fresh/fast system with a clean registry in about an hour.

Just takes another hour or so to reinstall programs I use, but most of them are backed up on D drive.

And I have still yet to see "repair" actually work, Im sure it would solve some sort if issue, just none I ever had.

i supose it's more of a personal thing, i only have 1 hardrive wid all my stuff on so it's not really an option 4 me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back