nortons goback

bluzeboy

Bluzeboy
i have norton installed whenever i use the system restore icon dealer suggests it says system restore has been disabled
can someone tell me why this is & am i protected?
thanks in advance

nortons goback?do you mean roxio goback3 or norton ghost?you get the system restore disabled because you or one of your programs installed disabled it you can enable it by

1.)right click the my computer icon
2.)go to properties
3.)click on the system retore tab
4.)click settings and choose how much hard drive space you want to use for system restore

hope that helps

on a side note if you meant roxio goback3 id recommend uninstalling it i have had it installed it on my PC and it causes major slowdows and constant hard drive access since it constantly monitors you hard drives.

on a side note if you meant roxio goback3 id recommend uninstalling it i have had it installed it on my PC and it causes major slowdows and constant hard drive access since it constantly monitors you hard drives.

I have it installed and it doesn't slow down my pc.

not sure then i guess it has different effects depending on the PC ive talked to lots of people on the roxio forums that had the same problem

I don't use GoBack anymore. I used to for a long time, though. I loved it. It's great when you make constant changes to your system. System Restore doesn't completely restore everything; GoBack does.

There are a few drawbacks to it. It tends to interfere with some programs. (or else some programs interfere with it...depends how you look at it). It made defragging for me slow to a crawl. But in a pinch, it's great to have.

I like using Drive Image 2002 now. But if I didn't, I would use GoBack, simply because I'm always changing something or other, and System Restore just doesn't get it.

i have norton system works 2
it doesn't slow down my pc either
thanks for your many suggestions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back