Norton vs AVG

F

florino

Norton Antivirus 2002 vs. AVG (www.grisoft.com)
I have instaled in my computer Norton Antivirus 2002. A friend is trying to convince me to switch to AVG. What do you think?
Which one is the most "up-to-date" ? What about "virus database" ? Other opinions? Sugestions?
Thx
:confused:

I personally like norton. it has never failed me. and the malicious script blocking is a great feature since it works on webpages and e-mail.

I dislike norton's little you might have to pay for updates after a year BS, but I found that if I just re-install it resets the counter :p

I used AVG when I was using W98 and W2K and never had a problem with it. I have just installed Norton 2002 on XP and, again, no probs so far. As I have used both I can say that, personally, I haven't found a lot of difference between either of them and they both seem as good as each other. I know this hasn't really helped you make a decision but I just thought I would give you my opinion.

If I allready piad for Norton, I'd probably stay with it, but my time ran out, AVG came highly recomended, tryed it, it loads faster, the updates are faster, I'm told it uses less resources, and I'm told it finds mor viruses, sooooooo

I personally love Norton's Anti-Virus...It has never let me down...

Originally posted by existenz
I personally love Norton's Anti-Virus...It has never let me down...

Same here. Protected me from 2 virus attacks.

AVG recently surprised be by catching a malicious script I had
run into.

Two limititaion of the free version:

1. It will not automatically clean/repair an infected file.
2. You cannot specifiy which files you want it to scan when
you do a full scan of your system. It just scans every file.

To get the above features, you have to purchase the Professional edition.

Other than that, it works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back