Norton System Works 2002 & XP

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
First of all, I am and have been an advocate for the past 4 years of Symantec.

After a very nasty initial experience with McAfee Suite, Oil Change, Nuts & Bolts etc - I turned to and have always run Norton System Works on my previous two puters.

I just recently upgraded to Norton Sytem Works 2002 on my old Compaq running Windows 98. As in the past - I was pleased. One thing led to another (my grandaughter needed a more up to date system and of course I WANTED to upgrade - so I got myself a new puter (HP750n) (I won't bore you with the details)and the grandaughter got the old Compaq! I put Norton Systemworks 2000 back on the Compaq and loaded 2002 on the HP!

Well, Symantec documents very well what on 2002 works with XP. (Not really a whole lot beyond the outstanding Antivirus Program.)

My old faithful defragmenter (Speed Disk) does not work as thoroughly or as quickly as it did on Windows98 - so I got to wondering????

There is a disk defragmenter and disk clean-up under "tools" in XP and there is also a PC Doctor for XP under HP Tools.

So since that's about all that works with XP under Norton System Works 2002 - wouldn't I be better off just using the Antivirus program from 2002 and getting rid of the other items??

Bottom line I guess is can anyone provide any guidance as to the thoroughness and reliablity of XP's defragmenter and PC Doctor??? I have come to trust my Symantec utilities!

I'm running a Pentium 4 at 1.6 GHz with an 80 G harddrive and 512 MB DDR SDRAM - so I do not have the same concerns about running programs in the background as I had running a 350 MHz Compaq with 96 MB Ram!

I am sure someone out there has some experience in this area and could possibly take the time to enlighten me - so my thanks in advance!

PS - I do not think anyone can talk me out of NAV 2002 - so that's a mute subject area!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back