Norton sys 2003 major error

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi
all

everytime i strt my comp norton internet security comes up and says " a nexessary component 4 this function is missing or damged (c:progra~norton~3\iamapp.dll)

and wen i try to uninstall it it says i need to logon as an administrator but it wont let me an i am the admin.........ive tried a restore how do i just get rid of it?

pls help

thanx

ste

well 1st of all i fort it was the cd, but i tired it on my other comp an it works, i only strted getting the error after a liveupdate,
where as on my other computer the update didnt cause the error.

pls help?

well .. if unninstall doesn't work delete all files & registry keys ( with regclean - wich I recommend ) and after that reinstall ..

try to boot up in same mode and uninstall it and then restsrt it in normal and then install it agian,

that might work

where can i fine the regcleaner? an how do i know wat 2 delete?

thanx u r being very helpfull i appreciate it, how do i know wat files to delete tho?

thanx

again

cya

nothin specific tho? cos i have got norton system works in 2? i dont want to delete any of those?

umm well that is a good one.

umm i am not sure i would say do it all and then reinstall all norton stuff if you can it would probbaly intagrate better if it was all fresh installed agian, that is what i would do but there is probbaly anouther way to do it i just dont know what it is if there is one

o ok, thanx 4 ur help an suggestions...but does anyone know exactly wat 2 delete?

ste_w as 'we' explained u must first erase directory that contains Symantec Norton System Works 2003 + erase reg. keys using regclean ( there are specific names - only by symantec ) ..

Go to add/remove programs in the control panel and remove NSW 2003.

Then go here

After all of that, Install NSW 2003 again. For some reason, NSW or any other Symantec product will not install properly until all traces of any prior Symantec/Norton product installation has been completely removed!

Keep us informed!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back