• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Norton sys 2003 major error

Hi
all

everytime i strt my comp norton internet security comes up and says " a nexessary component 4 this function is missing or damged (c:progra~norton~3\iamapp.dll)

and wen i try to uninstall it it says i need to logon as an administrator but it wont let me an i am the admin.........ive tried a restore how do i just get rid of it?

pls help

thanx

ste

well 1st of all i fort it was the cd, but i tired it on my other comp an it works, i only strted getting the error after a liveupdate,
where as on my other computer the update didnt cause the error.

pls help?

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
well .. if unninstall doesn't work delete all files & registry keys ( with regclean - wich I recommend ) and after that reinstall ..

umm well that is a good one.

umm i am not sure i would say do it all and then reinstall all norton stuff if you can it would probbaly intagrate better if it was all fresh installed agian, that is what i would do but there is probbaly anouther way to do it i just dont know what it is if there is one

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
ste_w as 'we' explained u must first erase directory that contains Symantec Norton System Works 2003 + erase reg. keys using regclean ( there are specific names - only by symantec ) ..

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Go to add/remove programs in the control panel and remove NSW 2003.

Then go here

After all of that, Install NSW 2003 again. For some reason, NSW or any other Symantec product will not install properly until all traces of any prior Symantec/Norton product installation has been completely removed!

Keep us informed!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies