Norton Scan disk

D

duane

I have Norton Sysytem works 2002 working fine except for scan disk which refuses to play saying theat the windows version is the only version allowed to run any suggestions

Thanks

Yeah, run the windows version.

When it tells you that, it also says you can choose to schedule a scan at the next bootup. Try that. The scandisk in xp is a lot better than previous versions so there really is no need for norton's. You can still defrag/optimize the disk through norton, which has always been the biggest benefit from using that program at all.
/L.A

I find nortons scandisk too full-on and bulky.
cant say ive ever scanned/defragged the disk but i think i may in the next week or two. NOt sure if i will be using nortons though

Actually the Norton Utilities 2002 works great! I have used this for several months on my XP machine, and it's so easy to use and very powerful too! Just do as the program tells you and it will work out fine.

Scandisk is dead, long live chkdsk. A different utility altogether, that's why norton's scan disk utility won't work, it's because it can't in the NT environment. Use it all you want in the 9x family, but the NT Family dances with chkdsk.

hmmmm....

hmmm Norton scan disk = kweel but chkdsk = better! :)

There was a thing you could mess with in the registry to bypass this... can't remeber where :( search on google.com - see if you find anything

MdSalih

P.S. If you do... relay to us :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back