norton problems

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
at work the idiots are using the norton suite, one of the units a window pops up warning that live protection is not enabled, then it won't let me enable it

the window pops up about every 45 secs and makes work impossible

I just popped in to take a look, haven't done any scans yet

is this common with this peice of security elegance?

what's up?

Could a memory-resident virus be attempting to disable the realtime scanner? Check for any suspicious running processes.

I have seen this on the home product NAV when activation gets messed up for some reason and the product thinks the trial period is over.

Symantec has a utility to fix it but not sure that is your issue.

Utility is HERE

Last edited:
Hey Perris I think American Zombie hit it on the head I updated my old Norton software to NIS 2005 3 user for all 3 systems. It did Ok until the trial period ran out 15 days and it wouldn’t activate on any of the systems it done the same as you’re describing.

I used all the tricks on the Symantec site with no success at activation. I also used the utility for activation problems SymKBFix3 (it adds or changes a registry key if I remember right).

I now use other security software (I just couldn’t get the software to activate on anyone of the 3 systems and run right) Symantec also sent me a replacement disk that I went through the same pop ups and activation problems with.

I would suggest if you have anything important on that system to make a backup before running the activation utility it really screwed things up on my systems all three.

Also I would suggest a full system backup or not mess with it until you have a lot of time to fix a major problem if it happens to you as it did me.

It was a BIG nightmare for me.

Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back