Norton Or PowerQuest ?!?

Z

ZAnwar

What is better Norton Ghost 2002 or PowerQuest Drive Image 2002 ???

Both do the same job really.

I use Drive Image 2002 myself, but the Norton Ghost 2002 is just as good.

Really don't like getting into these which is better type of deals, most times it's a matter of personal choice, more than anything else.

:cool:

Can't a person put a image onto your drive that is being imaged, because in Norton Ghost, I think you can !

With both you can put a image of one hard drive onto another hard drive, or put it on cd's, or another partition on the same hard drive (which defeats the purpose really).

Can't I put an Image onto a floppy disc or 1 CDR, because Drive Image asks for 3 to 6 cds, and I don't want to waste them !

don't think you understand ZAnwar, it is making an exact copy of your hard drive and compressing the data down, there is no way you can put all that data on a floppy (1.44 MB) or one CDR (800 MB).

How is using 3 to 6 CDR's wasteful if it makes a complete back up of your hard drive? Just be lucky your only using 3 to 6 CD's I had to use 19 and it was worth every CD, when my hard drive crashed about a month ago.

Originally posted by Iceman
With both you can put a image of one hard drive onto another hard drive, or put it on cd's, or another partition on the same hard drive (which defeats the purpose really).

Uninstall all your big stuff get it down to 2or3cd's

The Partition way is a lot quicker if you can spare the space
If XP has FUBAR usually you can still get to your image
one way or another.

:p

Saving the image to another partition on the hard drive makes no sense to me whatsoever. If that hard drive totally crashes (and they do), you'll be wrestling around for hours trying to get the image off it. Whereas if you saved to a different hard drive, your up and good as new in 15 minutes.
If you saved to CDR's about an hour later your good as new.

Its a numbers game iceman
How often does XP FUBAR ?
How often does the drive crash ?

for me that would be
XP FUBAR = 100%
drive crash = 0%

Ive an image on 2 x CD's just incase (XP & Apps only)
& a 10gig partition with 3 x Images of XP @ various stages

;-)

Originally posted by Iceman
Saving the image to another partition on the hard drive makes no sense to me whatsoever. If that hard drive totally crashes (and they do), you'll be wrestling around for hours trying to get the image off it. Whereas if you saved to a different hard drive, your up and good as new in 15 minutes.
If you saved to CDR's about an hour later your good as new.

While I do image to CD's periodically, I frequently image my boot partition to another partition. That makes sense to me: If I have a problem on my boot partition that system restore can't solve, it's easy to restore the image.

ZAnwar - I switched from Ghost to DI2002 for two reasons - friendlier user interface and, for me, fewer problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back